free website stats program The new Indian, history may finally repeat itself this time | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The new Indian, history may finally repeat itself this time

I like how they made their engine look like a flat head, remember back in the day an Indian would run the pants off a Harley flathead HMMMMMM

Competition is the key to any company pushing the limit or raising the bar, if you will. Of course people will ALWAYS have their favorites. Same with cars. I will only buy GM cars, that is not to say that other cars are bad, I just prefer my GM cars and trucks. But without ford, Chrysler, Nissan......... There would be no reason for GM to improve. They would become complacent, out of touch. This is a good thing. Don't get me wrong I love my RKC. But if this new Indian pushes HD, and HD pushes Indian, we will have some great motorcycles out there.
Just my opinion guys.
WAP.gif

May I respectfully ask what changes some of you would like besides price..?....Sorry ..Im just not understanding whats wrong with our bikes...Im not saying the Indian isn't nice ..

May I respectfully ask what changes some of you would like besides price..?....Sorry ..Im just not understanding whats wrong with our bikes...Im not saying the Indian isn't nice ..

The fact that makes them so great is the 100 year old technology which would not be so bad is it were not for the important factors being short cutted like the on going problems with drive trains, fly wheels etc. Items are failing that should never fail in the lifetime of a motorcycle. Especially in this day and age. As been mentioned before Harley needs to make their motorcycles a priority not all the excessive fluff that makes them most of their profit. And then charge a excessive premium for their products.

Don't get me wrong, I love my bike. I just think if there is another choice of American Iron then H.D. will have to improve the quality to be able to keep even in the race for the #1 position in the market. I think all bike owners will win in this competition. I'am not looking to get anyones dander up, just saying :)

I'd like to see them run cooler right from the factory. I know EPA has a lot to do with that, but still, these things are HOT!!!!! I would also like to see them improve the cam chain tensioner system, the bearings, and do something about the crank runout issues.

Pull up into a crowd of Harleys on an Indian and watch what happens. I do it every now and then. Amazing how something new in style gets so much attention.

I would like to be able to clean my wheels and have them look new.My bike is two years old,the wheels look like they belong on a much older bike.A lot of other parts could be made better and more durable.I remember when chrome parts were almost indestructible.

I do not think martillo is implying that Harley's are bad. Its just that every time you visit dealer they have a dozen or so bikes on the floor and hundreds if not thousands of shirts and jacket and apparel and choch keys. This has been my complaint for over 25 years. They went from selling motorcycles as their bread and butter to a clothes boutique. Its easier to make their money there. The last t-shirt I bought was $28.00, and Wally World is selling non denomination old school motorcycle shirts for $5.00. Thats all. And I would bet that all the HD apparel you see walking around maybe 50% actually has a Harley.
Thats why for years I have tried to find the Harley shirt that says " I just don't own this shirt". :s

I love all the choices at the dealer, I can find just about any item in the world with an HD logo, makes Harley stand out from other brands. These bikes are beautiful works of art I would say they STILL build bikes not just clothes.
Never been to a dealer with only a dozen bikes, God forbid somebody likes HD and wears HD stuff even though they don't ride one for whatever reason.
$5.00 shirts at walmart? would never set foot in one so I don't know.
I'll pay a little more for quality, that's why I own a Harley.

Back