free website stats program The new Indian, history may finally repeat itself this time | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The new Indian, history may finally repeat itself this time

Me too, but as much as we pay for these things, I think the quality should be a little bit better.

I agree, for my money the 1992 FLHS I bought new was the best NEW bike I ever bought

That Indian Chief Classic in 'Indian Motorcycle Red' really floats my boat.I think that's one stunning bike.

Not sure about the price-i saw a list yesterday that said starting from-i think-$18900 USD and just saw another that states from $28880(same bike)

At $19000 USD it will really give H-D a hurry up.

Monolopies are never good for consumers--

HD needs to step up their game, they probably will, as Indian is offering a 111 ci engine along with keyless start for around the same price as Road King Classic. The CVO Road King with a 110 cu engine and keyless start runs over 10 grand more. But you do get fancy paint, wheels and shiny bits.
I like my HD motorcycle and I like what i've seen so far from the new Indians.
Planning on riding up to Union NJ on Aug 23. Indian's mobile truck will be their offering test rides.

I would like to be able to clean my wheels and have them look new.My bike is two years old,the wheels look like they belong on a much older bike.A lot of other parts could be made better and more durable.I remember when chrome parts were almost indestructible.

We can all thank the E.P.A for the "new" chrome. When I worked at AVCO Lycoming over 20 years ago I remember when they HAD to change the plating process. I don't know what part of the process changed but it must have had something to do with reducing some kind of toxic emissions in the process. The flaking chrome we see probably started around that time with any chrome done in this country. I heard from a parts guy at the dealership that all the best chrome plating is done in Australia now. No E.P.A I suppose.

I remember my first car, a 1968 Mustang. I bought it around 1982 and the chrome bumpers cleaned up like new! Remember when you used to be able to jack up a car with a bumper jack by, drum roll please, The Bumper!! Even if you could jack up ANY vehicle today by the bumper, the chrome would crack right off I bet! Man, I'm getting old and it "you know whats".

I love all the choices at the dealer, I can find just about any item in the world with an HD logo, makes Harley stand out from other brands. These bikes are beautiful works of art I would say they STILL build bikes not just clothes.
Never been to a dealer with only a dozen bikes, God forbid somebody likes HD and wears HD stuff even though they don't ride one for whatever reason.
$5.00 shirts at walmart? would never set foot in one so I don't know.
I'll pay a little more for quality, that's why I own a Harley.

I agree. I think HD does a great job of building a great motorcycle. It must be very difficult to have to comply with ever stricter regulations while still building a big, air cooled, pushrod actuated, 45 degree v twin. Get one while you still can if you don't have one and want one, eventually they will not be able to run lean and clean enough without water cooling.

As far as "Indian" goes, Polaris has a monster of a competitor. I wonder what market share Victory has in comparison to HD. I live in south Fl. and I see, as far as big cruisers go, Harleys everywhere I go. I think I have seen maybe a half a dozen Victory bikes on the road, ever. Nothing wrong with Polaris as far as I know or care, I just doubt that there have been any emergency board meetings at "THE" motor company about Indian. What about a dealer network? I look in a H.O.G. magazine of the whole country and there appears to be a HD dealer around every corner!

HD needs to step up their game, they probably will, as Indian is offering a 111 ci engine along with keyless start for around the same price as Road King Classic. The CVO Road King with a 110 cu engine and keyless start runs over 10 grand more. But you do get fancy paint, wheels and shiny bits.
I like my HD motorcycle and I like what i've seen so far from the new Indians.
Planning on riding up to Union NJ on Aug 23. Indian's mobile truck will be their offering test rides.
I may see you there.
WAP.gif

I do not think martillo is implying that Harley's are bad. Its just that every time you visit dealer they have a dozen or so bikes on the floor and hundreds if not thousands of shirts and jacket and apparel and choch keys. This has been my complaint for over 25 years. They went from selling motorcycles as their bread and butter to a clothes boutique. Its easier to make their money there. The last t-shirt I bought was $28.00, and Wally World is selling non denomination old school motorcycle shirts for $5.00. Thats all. And I would bet that all the HD apparel you see walking around maybe 50% actually has a Harley.
Thats why for years I have tried to find the Harley shirt that says " I just don't own this shirt". :s
I'll second that idea.

I will be test riding 1 in Daytona, I dig the look of the engine:D

I am hoping for a good dealer network. When on the Indian site to find a dealer there is one in Harrisburg and 2 in New York. I live in Pittsburgh Pa.....:(

Back