free website stats program Suspension Question? I think... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Suspension Question? I think...

If they were changed, it's the length, If they weren't it's just the adjustment. The adjustment at the shock is half the adjustment at the axle. I think I have that right.:D

Can I measure the shock and tell or is it the shaft that is longer or shorter?

You should check and see if just a lowering kit was installed on your OEM shocks it is more then likly because it is cheeper to lower a softail this wey then to buy longer shocks, you should be able to tell by looking at the shocks, If you see more then 1 inch of threads showing after the locking bolt ,more the likly you should be able to adjust them, if so you can lift the bike take the tie rod end off let them drop, loosen locking nut and adjust them inwards (towards the Shock body) this will raise the bike , make sure you adjust each shock with the same amount of turns till you get to your wanted height then assemble lock the nut check your hight and ride.

You should check and see if just a lowering kit was installed on your OEM shocks it is more then likly because it is cheeper to lower a softail this wey then to buy longer shocks, you should be able to tell by looking at the shocks, If you see more then 1 inch of threads showing after the locking bolt ,more the likly you should be able to adjust them, if so you can lift the bike take the tie rod end off let them drop, loosen locking nut and adjust them inwards (towards the Shock body) this will raise the bike , make sure you adjust each shock with the same amount of turns till you get to your wanted height then assemble lock the nut check your hight and ride.

Nope, theres less than an inch of threads.

Back