free website stats program Stumped why will my bike only turn twice and stop | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stumped why will my bike only turn twice and stop

:sLooks normal to me

Thanks , so i recon i don't have any compression releases , is there other things that could effect the compression i tried leaving one plug in and the other half way in and grounded the one that was half way and it was able to turn as if it had a very weak battery , but whenever the air pressure released through the cycle the motor seemed to go speed up , don't know if that's relevant

Thanks , so i recon i don't have any compression releases , is there other things that could effect the compression i tried leaving one plug in and the other half way in and grounded the one that was half way and it was able to turn as if it had a very weak battery , but whenever the air pressure released through the cycle the motor seemed to go speed up , don't know if that's relevant

Without knowing if the starter is the issue here, we will need a bit more trouble shooting. When you had the charging system issues did it start hard then? When is the last time it ran and how did it run GOOD?

Do you have a compression gauge? If not it would not hurt to go get one and see what kind of compression the motor is produceing.

Leaving the sparkplug loose while turning the motor over can cause some real problems. I've seen loose plugs blow out and take the threads from the head with it.

Do you have a compression gauge? If not it would not hurt to go get one and see what kind of compression the motor is produceing.

Agree But he needs it to spin good to get an accurate reading first, that said if the compression is indeed the problem he will have choices to fix this A high torque starter, IE different head gaskets and base gaskets, lower compression pistons or compression releases,

Agree But he needs it to spin good to get an accurate reading first, that said if the compression is indeed the problem he will have choices to fix this A high torque starter, IE different head gaskets and base gaskets, lower compression pistons or compression releases,

My thoughts was he has one plug out and the gauge in the other may be it will show high comp value on the one and that would tell him if it is compression problem or mechaniceal problem wit hstarter jack shaft.

My thoughts was he has one plug out and the gauge in the other may be it will show high comp value on the one and that would tell him if it is compression problem or mechaniceal problem wit hstarter jack shaft.

:s Good idea, and then do the other cylinder and compare

I dont know what the norm reading should be but if motor locks say at 100 psi then it is not due to high compression, it is other mechanical problem.

Would like to see both cylinders close to each other, you are right, I would hate to think about a major mechanical lock, the OP could supply us with how it ran last time and how long ago that was?

Back