free website stats program Stumped why will my bike only turn twice and stop | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stumped why will my bike only turn twice and stop

Check the level in your oil tank and take a whiff, Does it smell heavy with gas? If it is way over full you have too much oil, if it is way low the crank case will be flooded with oil this can cause more drag on the flywheels as Don suggested

I can smell gas but its not a heavy smell, the oil is actually a little low/= but not close to being dry

Unless I missed it nobody here has suggested doing a compression check.
You say the bike will rollover with the plugs removed.Try removing both plugs then inserting a compression guage in one of the cylinders and turn it over to get a reading,do the same with the other cylinder.If it is extremely high go back to valve timing

Yes, it has been mentioned a few times , i wish i had one of them gages

Code:
                                                                                     want to look into compression issues a bit more concidering ive always had difficulties with hard starts and the high crank batteries ive used
Can you expand on this?

Yes, it has been mentioned a few times , i wish i had one of them gages

Autozone and Partsource and a few of the other Auto parts suppliers rent them for a nominal fee,sometimes just a security deposit that you get back when you return it.

I thought most auto parts stores have them on a rental basis if you need one.

They do, check Advanced Auto Parts:s Getting back a bit, when the charging system was acting up I asume the starter was dragging a good bit to start? Possible it got over worked ?

Last edited by a moderator:
They do, check Advanced Auto Parts:s Getting back a bit, when the charging system was acting up I asume the starter was dragging a good bit to start? Possible it got over worked ?

When i said high cranking batteries i was referring to my truck battery i've used to start the bike when it had a dead battery .
You Guys are Right!!!!! will rent one either tomorrow or Saturday morning , i will report all information i gather.

When i said high cranking batteries i was referring to my truck battery i've used to start the bike when it had a dead battery .
You Guys are Right!!!!! will rent one either tomorrow or Saturday morning , i will report all information i gather.

:s Good Luck:s

I'm wondering what happens if you try pulling one plug at a time and see if it will spin? Then try the other cylinder......

Back