free website stats program Steve 07 and Florida trip | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Steve 07 and Florida trip

hopefully not, the ribs were at least 2 days old and the beans were dryer than dirt , if you were to gag them down , i would bet that they wouldn't even produce a popcorn fart

HMMM, if you do make it I will buy you a beer:s

The Pig Stand is at the entrance to Destination Daytona/J&P Cycles/Rossmeyer HD. Exit the interstate, turn north on US-1 and you won't hit third gear before turning into the place. If you miss it, (look for the smoking pig sign) you can turn into the Love's truck stop and get to it from there. I'm probably gonna ride down.

The Pig Stand is at the entrance to Destination Daytona/J&P Cycles/Rossmeyer HD. Exit the interstate, turn north on US-1 and you won't hit third gear before turning into the place. If you miss it, (look for the smoking pig sign) you can turn into the Love's truck stop and get to it from there. I'm probably gonna ride down.

Thanks for clearing that up, Google has it down by The Iron Horse:s That is where I will be on Sunday, Destination Daytona:s

Pig%20Stand.jpg

Pig%20Stand%202.jpg

don't know if i will make it or not ,but a word to the wise ! i have been to (dicky don't) the food was so bad we could not eat it . paid for the beers and left still hungry! PA

They voted down Dickey's awhile back, it's the Pig Stand now at Destination.

HMMM, if you do make it I will buy you a beer:s

Yep and I owe Bodeen his meal.

Thanks for that excellent photo Jim, it's the first place heading north. I was wondering what part of the complex it was in.

Thanks for the Google earth, Now we Know for sure where this place is:s

Thanks for the Google earth, Now we Know for sure where this place is:s

I go there a LOT to eat and stop in whenever I am down that way to buy a couple squirt bottles of their yellow BBQ sauce. It is the BEST on a nice roasted or smoked chicken

For folks coming from the North, I highly recommend getting off the "big road" and taking the more leisurely and scenic trip down US-17, then SR-16 out of Green Cove through St. Augustine, past the Castillo de San Marco, across the Bridge of Lions, then cut over onto A1A and follow it down along the beach. (There ought to be some good scenery out being as hot as it is.) Follow A1A down into Flagler and hang a right on Highbridge Road (easy to miss). Highbridge is part of the famous "Loop" of bikeweek. It has some fun twisties for about a mile back in the salt flat and some beautiful "Florida-esque" scenery. Follow Highbridge almost 2 miles to Walter Boardman Lane and take a left. Follow Walter Boardman a little over a mile to Old Dixie Highway and take a right. Follow Old Dixie Highway 3.6 miles back out to US-1 and turn left. (If you are starving by now you can hop on I-95 where Old Dixie crosses it and take it down one exit to the Pig Stand) Follow US-1 six miles down the road will be the entrance to Destination Daytona and the Pig Stand.

I have to go in to work for a few hours this morning,then I will be hopping on the bike and starting my trek southward.See you folks on sunday:)

Back