free website stats program Steve 07 and Florida trip | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

Steve 07 and Florida trip

I feel your pain in having to lay your bike down
However if you do a lot of miles it is almost very likely that you will at sometime get into a situation where the bike will end up on it's side

Brian
WAP.gif

Steve, it aint no thing as long as you and Barb are OK, it is way to hard to prepare for the unexpected road surfaces like you were on Ride safe and enjoy your trip:s

We left New Orleans yesterday morning and we are in Jackson Mississippi this morning.Hopped on the Natchez Trace at the southern entrance and rode 85 miles of it yesterday.I have only rode it before in the fall.It is equally as beautiful in full summer foilage.We will run it for one more tank of fuel this morning then get back on the main highways and make a beeline for home.

We left New Orleans yesterday morning and we are in Jackson Mississippi this morning. Hopped on the Natchez Trace at the southern entrance and rode 85 miles of it yesterday.I have only rode it before in the fall. It is equally as beautiful in full summer foilage. We will run it for one more tank of fuel this morning then get back on the main highways and make a beeline for home.

Sounds like a fun trip Steve. If you get a chance I would like to see some pics of New Orleans. That place is on my Bucket list eventually.

Ya all are having TOO much fun:p Have a safe ride home, Thanks for coming down again

I have to say that Steve & Barb seem to always bring some rough weather with them through the Cincinnati area when they come through here, but finally, it worked out that I could meet up with them. They were staying about 23 miles from my house, (only about 6 miles from my office) so I ran down to visit with them. Had a great time hanging out with them. I was too chicken to ride my bike over, but the jeep did great. Looking forward to seeing them again, hopefully in Florida on their next run. :D

It was nice to get a break from working on the house, that's twice this week that I have gotten to blow off 'work' for fun! It's not helping us get to Florida any sooner, but it is nice to have a break. :s

On Tues.we went back on the trace and ended up riding it to the 390 mile mark before we got off,from there we rode to Columbia Tenn. where we spent the night,beautiful but very hot ride from there to Cinncinati when the sky turned black and they issued stay inside warnings on the radio.Took the first exit and found a motel.I posted this on fb.where I have been posting so my kids would see we are fine and Joy responded to the post.I told her where we were at and she came over to the hotel.It was great to finally meet you Joy!:)
Yesterday morning we set out on the last 450 mile leg of our ride.Started overcast and soon became heavy rain and it rained on and off the rest of the way.Got home about 7 pm. yesterday.I will post a few pics. in the next couple of days.

:s Get some rest now, GOOD to see you again, Thanks for making a special Birthday for me:s

Back