free website stats program speed | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

speed

I backed off my 05 Ultra classic at 110mph and I know it had alot more, it is not stock, and the fastest I ever went was 182mph on my 2001 Suzuki GSXR-1000.

I hope that was on the track. Did you actual take the time to look at the speedo?

My SPS has been thru the trap, at Daytona, doing 202. I never seem to have the time to look at the speedo when I am going fast on the track. Too much else to do...

A friend of mine says his Screamin' Eagle RK tops out at 55 mph. His wife won't let him go any faster..... Personally I don't have that problem, my dog don't care how fast I ride as long as I'm home in time to feed him!

Sounds like truly fond memories. mine are in a gremlin just not as cool. flat black w/ flames did catch a girls atn. she is my wife now 33 years

thank you for those words. i feel truley blessed. however that little 3 speed trany would snap gears quite often. whitch would leave kay & i to go to the drive in on my 69 triumph whitch was quite fun. we just straped a blanket on bike. to spread on ground''''''''

I know this is posted in the touring models but, my 1200 sporty without a windshield and just a 1/2 helmet with glasses, @ 80 mph feels like 1000 mph. It brings me plenty of thrills getting her up to speed as the torque pulls really hard. But, I'm comfortable just cruising at 70 mph. Don't think I'll ever have the need to find out the top end. I'm pretty sure she'll break 100 mph without much trouble.

In 1980 i bought a motto guzzi lemans mk II i had to do 90 mph to get comfortable just enough air comming over the fairing to lift the body weight
it was really comfortable at 120 mph but at 130mph wind would start to pull on the head but by dropping the elbows id get in behind the screen and 145 was esily achievable
the constabulary caught up with me in 89 had 2 children by then and only at 90 mph so decided to try and be a little slower and eventually ended up on a Bmw r100rt still daft in the head 120 mph was comfortable now im sensible i seem to be incapable of chancing my luck over 90 mph on the harleys they just feel good between 60 and 80 so thats my current speed range although i do try to scrape the foot pegs but havent got any of them there yet

Brian

Well I got my ride home today, (Thanks HD for the new front tire) but it was raining this AM and I had a B Day for my Grand daughter today (5 yrs old!) Anyway, calling for sunny and 60's tomorrow..... I hope to have a speed report then. I did run it up to 90 mph on the way home. The way it runs hard to belive it only had 15 mph left...... we'll see. I am geting goose bumps thinkin about it! LOL! :p

I have only had 2 HD(08XL1200R & 09 Fat Bob) and my wife is on her 2nd HD (07 CVO Ultra Glide). My 08 Sporty with Cycle Shack pipes would just touch 120 and my Fat Bob would run 115 (also with Cycle Shack 3" slips ons and windshield). My wife's 07 CVO with the 110 and Dynojet power commander actually feels faster than either of my 2 bikes, but I have only run it up to 90. Like one of the younger mechanics at my local HD dealer told me, if you want to go fast on a HD, buy a V-ROD. If that's not fast enough than you are nuts and need a rice burner.:newsmile042:

I have only had 2 HD(08XL1200R & 09 Fat Bob) and my wife is on her 2nd HD (07 CVO Ultra Glide). My 08 Sporty with Cycle Shack pipes would just touch 120 and my Fat Bob would run 115 (also with Cycle Shack 3" slips ons and windshield). My wife's 07 CVO with the 110 and Dynojet power commander actually feels faster than either of my 2 bikes, but I have only run it up to 90. Like one of the younger mechanics at my local HD dealer told me, if you want to go fast on a HD, buy a V-ROD. If that's not fast enough than you are nuts and need a rice burner.:newsmile042:

Your post pretty much covers it! Speed wasn't anywhere near my mind when I was buying my Harleys, I was in my 'Heart' every time! The Harley has got a soul.....

Back