free website stats program speed | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

speed

Good post lightening, but I still think I am a little under where I should be at 105 mph with a 96" and stage one. I weigh right at 200 Lbs. I intend on finding out after my new front tire is installed tomorrow weather permitting.:s

Good post lightening, but I still think I am a little under where I should be at 105 mph with a 96" and stage one. I weigh right at 200 Lbs. I intend on finding out after my new front tire is installed tomorrow weather permitting.:s
I'll bet you get to 110 maybe slightly more with the right conditions. Don't forget to tuck-in.

on my gsxr 1000 sportbike the governor cuts the engine out at 186mph.. the gps in my pocket wouldnt register past 127mph...... at 186mph it was in 5th at 11k rpm. redline isnt till 14k. the motor had plenty more left.... i have had the streetglide at 110mph then decided to slow down:34:

186 is the agreed upon "limit" for production street bikes, be they a Ducati or a Harley. Can you say "Thanks European Union"?

On the street, my Harleys have hit 85! On the track, my FLHR hit 130.

It's not just about what speed they will run, it's more about how they handle. Straight line speed is ok. It's the ability to be fast in the corners that gets it done.

186 is the agreed upon "limit" for production street bikes, be they a Ducati or a Harley. Can you say "Thanks European Union"?

On the street, my Harleys have hit 85! On the track, my FLHR hit 130.

It's not just about what speed they will run, it's more about how they handle. Straight line speed is ok. It's the ability to be fast in the corners that gets it done.
I thought the Hyabusa's were guaranteed 200+ out of the box.........maybe that was the earlier ones???........anyway my question is, why would ya wanna go that fast, isn't 100mph scarey enough, unless your in a controlled environment, like a race track?
I got a buddy that has a Hyabusa and he likes to tell everyone how fast it is. I asked him once if he ever honestly had the bike up to 200mph, his responce was "What'du'ya think I'm nuts? I mighta had it over 120 a coupla times."
I can get along just fine knowing that my bike top's out at 100+. If it's 105 or 110...who cares? My boy's start thinkn bout hide'n when I get near 100mph so It don't matter.

I thought the Hyabusa's were guaranteed 200+ out of the box.........maybe that was the earlier ones???........anyway my question is, why would ya wanna go that fast, isn't 100mph scarey enough, unless your in a controlled environment, like a race track?
I got a buddy that has a Hyabusa and he likes to tell everyone how fast it is. I asked him once if he ever honestly had the bike up to 200mph, his responce was "What'du'ya think I'm nuts? I mighta had it over 120 a coupla times."
I can get along just fine knowing that my bike top's out at 100+. If it's 105 or 110...who cares? My boy's start thinkn bout hide'n when I get near 100mph so It don't matter.
With the agreed 186 mph limit, the only way the Hyabusa will hit 200 mph is with an aftermarket goodie to bypass the speed limiter. That said, the Byusa would likely do the ton.
Regarding “speed” for me at least, top speed isn’t the serum that gives me a rush; it’s the acceleration! I had my 03 Yamaha R1 to 167 mph and truthfully it was too scary to want to do it again. By the way, it was still pulling hard when I shut it down. But accelerating WOT through the first 3 or 4 gears on a litter bike is a huge rush if you haven’t experienced it. You’re talking 9 sec. quarter mile times with an otherwise stock motorcycle. Nowhere for fewer than 100K will you travel with that kind of acceleration. It’s almost mind boggling to think that a litter bike will accelerate to around 100 mph IN FIRST GEAR! That’s what it’s all about, not top speed so much.
Remember this next time you hear some dude shooting off his mouth about how he smoked some sport bike squid on his built up Harley. Unless he was riding the Vance and Hines Screaming Eagle he’s dreaming and flat out lying.

Corse yu right Hobbit, torque is King for gettin off the line and I have had my front wheel off the ground a coupla times (by accident). Lightning's got a point there. It wasn't intentional and if you do it and ain't got no knowledge of how to handle it, that'll scare the be-jesus otta ya. I really didn't know how to get it back on the front wheel without twistin the throttle back off and feelin the wheel hit the ground like a ton of......well you know. After that I was "all-in", and lost.

when i first got the sportbike, it did 9.57 seconds in the quater mile. it had a pipe and power comander. i do beleive that the 1999 and earlier sportbikes were un governed. on those bikes they are meant for those speeds, so the handling is excelent, where we cruise at 80 on the harley, cruise speed on my gsxr was about 100;120mph no prollem. the busa isnt the fastest. it is a 800lb bike. the 1000 cc bikes are the fastest. i used to eat busas for breakfast all the time. it would break their hearts, the gsxr 1000 was 396lbs dry, with the same hp as the busa, just less cc's. so in the extreme long run ungoverned the busa could catch up and pull ahead, then were talkin speeds above 200mph with lots of road.
the 2005 gsxr i had was a rocket off the line. it had about 90lbs of torque. it didnt matter if another had more torque, the bike was so light that it was like lighting a fuse on a bottle rocket. of course the rider matters . it takes skill to launch that bike at around 8000rpm.nurse the clutch and fly

also if your wheel lifts on accident and scares you, 1 let off throttle,2, the back brake will bring her down, remember too much droppin the front wheel back down will damadge fork seals

I backed off my 05 Ultra classic at 110mph and I know it had alot more, it is not stock, and the fastest I ever went was 182mph on my 2001 Suzuki GSXR-1000.

Well, my new front tire (compliments of HD) is on, but I have to wait for a little better weather to test out the top end. Hopefully tomorrow...........

Back