free website stats program SE Pro Super Tuner + Smart Tune Software | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Pro Super Tuner + Smart Tune Software

I agree with Hoople. Go back to the original decel eleanment setting. I adjusted my AFR (richer) in the low MAP collumns and that eliminated the decel popping when I'm NOT turning the throttle. I went to the mid 13's in 20 MAP. Get that fixed first. Only make one change at a time or you do not know what "fixed" or made the issue "worse". Decel eleanment table is to help with poping when you MOVE/CLOSE the throttle, like shifting.

I also agree with Bubbie. I had the TFI for 2 yrs and loved it. I switched to the SEPST this past January and also like it. It takes alot longer to get it right, but I've learned so much about all the tables in the maps, love to see my recorded historgrams and also can see the DTCs all in one tool.

Have fun out there. Going to take a ride this morning after 3 weeks of working and traveling I'm excitted to get back on the RG!

Thanks for the suggestion Hoople.
I will try it when I get all the software and laptop. All on order.

Another question for everyone.
Sometimes when I am out riding, the bike surges here and there when riding at a constant rpm, also sometimes when accelerating.
Seems to do it more when its hot, but sometimes when cold.
But doesn't do it every ride.
Any experience with this?

Thanks everyone!

Then go to your A/F table and reduce A/F in the 27 MAP pressure setting (very first column) from 1000 RPM to 5000 RPM. Reduce it by a bunch just to see what happens. Should help.

(Record what it is before you make a change)

Oops, made a mistake. I said earlier that the "very first column" was 27 Kpa. It is actually 20 Kpa. Big difference. You won't get what you want changing the 27 Kpa column.

the bike surges here and there when riding at a constant rpm, also sometimes when accelerating.

Since it is surging while under acceleration, I would check the fuel pump pressure. Lower than normal (58-62) pressure would cause what you described. Three year old bike could have tank hose issue which would reduce pressure. Certainly check for codes also because it's Free!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good post i havve purchased a race tuner for my 2011 softail convertible
getting the hang of it
Hoope i learned alot from your articles

Hammy i use to live near dunmore pa moved to Indianapolis after 57 years in Scott Twp PA

Question I have after doing a smart tune flash does this change the prom after you burn in
Then keep adding runs in record to it
I only see one download for my bike with newer ecm#

Hi guys,

Myanoch, Nice to meet you. I'm originally from Dickson City (28 years), and last 10 in Dunmore.

Hoople,
I checked my codes in the toolbox and the historic code showing is P0263 Rear injector open/low.
I haven't tried changing anything yet, as far as the popping goes.
Just connecting the vci to the bike and looking around comparing my current config to the original that was installed.
Hopefully soon I'll get to change my decel enleanment back and try the change you suggested.

Thanks

and the historic code showing is P0263 Rear injector open/low.

Since it is just a single P0263 and not both front & rear injectors, look for a fractured wire in the injector pig tail lead of the wiring harness. Also check the connector at the injector itself.

Hi Guys,

I've been playing around with my settings. I returned my decel enleanment settings back to the original. Then I tried lowering the first column 20 kPa on the afr table from 13.0 and 12.5 to as low as it would let me, which was 12.0 (whole column). Also tried raising the first column by .5 over original to 13.5 and 13.0. Lastly tried dropping the entire afr table by .5, wondering if it might help the surging by not having it as lean. None of the 4 setup changes I tried had any effect on the popping and crackling on decel or the backfire when revving the throttle when stopped.
Any other suggestions?
I might try messing around with the decel table now. Maybe more gas maybe less gas.

Thanks

I returned my decel enleanment settings back to the original. Then I tried lowering the first column 20 kPa on the afr table from 13.0 and 12.5 to as low as it would let me, which was 12.0 (whole column). None of the 4 setup changes I tried had any effect on the popping and crackling on decel or the backfire when revving the throttle when stopped.
Any other suggestions?

Hammy, My mistake in entry point #69 when I used the word "reduce". I should have said "increase".
(I reduced the fuel meaning an increase in A/F ratio)

I went to the LEAN side at 20 Kpa....not the Rich side. I have SE slip-ons on my "96" Dyna and it has ZERO popping when I chop the throttle. When I chop the throttle at 3500 RPM, it is like I killed the ignition. At least as the rider, I don't hear a thing and I guess the same would be true if I was riding behind my own bike but not sure.
It did pop before I increased the ratio. I also installed new header pipe to cylinder gaskets at the same time. Don't know if it really needed it but I did it anyway.

Just write down what the numbers so you can go back and swing them lean.

Hi Hoople,

I attached a spreadsheet I made up of the different configs I tried.
I tried raising 20kPa to 14.5 and 14.0 (hammy5 in spreadsheet), took a ride for a couple miles and it was worse. definitely seems like leaner isn't working. Still going to try making the whole 20 column 14.5 just to try. Maybe I could also try going with the original program or the first column all 12.0 and try giving the decel more gas.
I have stock motor with SE stage 1 A/C and Rinehart racing 3.5" slip on's.

Thanks so much for all you advise and help!!

Attachments

• FXDL Trail Tuning Setups.xls
    56 KB · Views: 41
Back