free website stats program Replaced idle and throttle cable, now bike won't start | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Replaced idle and throttle cable, now bike won't start

We did it!!

As I said, replaced the system relay (next to fuel pump fuse on the right side of the bike), put her all back together....one hit of the starter button and she started purring like we never had any issues.

I would like to extend my appreciation to this forum in general and all involved in particular:

it runs - YouTube

It took a week, and it all started with an idle cable, but we persevered!

Re: We did it!!

Way to stay with it and get the problem solved. I learned a lot from this thread. Glad you're back up and running. Nice job.

11.7 volts at the plug is sufficient to activate the pump. Electrical problems are hit and miss but what you first described pointed to a bad pump. I'm at a total loss with what is going on but still might be to early for the dealer. It's time to retrace everything you've done and start at the battery and work forward testing all fuses, relays and wires that control the fuel delivery system.

You may have a extra pump in the garage but glad you took Jeff's advice and didn't have it picked up!

After getting power past the relay and the pump not working, I would have a spare pump also.

Nice work and good video on the hinge :cheers

Back