free website stats program Rain suits..What do you think...... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rain suits..What do you think......

I wear a western style oil cloth slicker made by Drize-A-Bone in Australia and it works good and doubles as a long riding jacket, have got lots of compliments.

I have the Pack lite by Harley with gor tex you will not get wet even if you ride all day in the bad rain But the suit is about $500.00 i got one off ebay for about $225.00 an it is worth the money Hope this will help you

The HD are a little expensive but good quality. Wife and I bought the sets , along with the rubber boots ( gators) ..We've pleased with function, fit and look ( especially the Hi Viz part). Our daughter followed us ( in her car) on a rainy night and said our rain gear 'lit up' from her headlights. I'm sold on them for that reason alone.

This may no be the place to post this, but I need help. I ride one of the HD fold up rain suits. Both parts fold into a punch made from the hood. My problem and that of several other of my riding friends is that fact that there seems to be no way to prevent water from entering the suit around the face and neck even with the hood up and tied. After riding in a very heavy rain for and hour, the front of me is wet, in fact when it first starts you can feel the water dripping down the front. Other wise the suit is fine. The other riders I ride with have a variety of rain suits, but all seem to have the same problem. Any idea how to cure this problem?

Thanks for all the input.....I think I still like the H.D. one I was looking at. Looked at it again and it seam the most heavy duty.Thicker material, and lots of refective stuff on it and could be worn on a cool morning instead of a big leather jacket.. Plus it looks real cool..I might just save my $$$ and get it.. I won't be useing it that much so if I take care of it maybe it will last a long time...Thanks and ride safe................:D

Good choice, some riders may say it is "bad Karma" to pack a rain suit, but they are the 1st to say it is a real "drag" to get caught in a deluge and sit in a puddle of water 'cause we all gotta get home "--sooner than later...!

Just saw a news flash couple days ago that there was a hail storm that had fist size slushballs, in that case, get under an overpass and wait it out...yeecchh!

Good choice, some riders may say it is "bad Karma" to pack a rain suit, but they are the 1st to say it is a real "drag" to get caught in a deluge and sit in a puddle of water 'cause we all gotta get home "--sooner than later...!

Just saw a news flash couple days ago that there was a hail storm that had fist size slushballs, in that case, get under an overpass and wait it out...yeecchh!

Hail Storms like we had in Sturgis on of all days a Friday the 13 th, bikers and horses killed, the hail was still on the ground between the tents the next morning, I have the pictures. My bike suffered one ding on the front fender the size of a dime while all I could do was watch and wait:(

We don't get the big hail here but i have been on the receiving end of it once or twice when serving overseas and it would defiantly have dented some sheet metal motorcycle or car
As to rain wear due to the nature of our weather here if it isn't raining it soon will be so i always wear a cordura jacket and if on a longer run then cordura trousers as well if its summer the liners are out and the vent zips open but ill stay dry at skin level

Brian

Tourmaster and dont forget the boot covers. and if someone knows of good rain goggles or glass please let me know

Bought HD suit, and have one issue. The velcro straps on the wrists do not stay together, so I get wind up the sleeves. Makes the whole coat puff out.
My plan is to remove them and have wide velcro sewn on.

Back