free website stats program Rain suits..What do you think...... | Harley Davidson Forums

Rain suits..What do you think......

lakeforktx

Looking to buy a couple of rain suits for an up coming long road trip...What kind do ya'll think are good and the ones that I should not buy..I liked the H.D. ones I looked at ..but I don't want to spend $150.00 on one..whats the best for the $$........:small3d023:

Rain suits are like anything else - you can spend a wide range of money and what suits one person (pun intended) may not work for another.

I bought an expensive, HD, Goretex suit off of Ebay and it works but it's pretty bulky and takes up a bit of room in the saddlebag.

Recently bought a Frogg Toggs Road Toad suit and I feel like it's a great suit for the money. Well worth a try before you drop the big bucks on something else!

I purchased the Frogg Toggs and I like them much better. I had the heavy PVC Tourmaster rain suit and when it wasn't raining you sweat in it, kept me dry though. In my opinion they'd be good for Crab Fishermen. The Frogg Toggs are light and do the job.

I found theH.D. two piece rainsuit the best that I,ve ever owned. The legs unzip making them easier to put on. The suit is warm and actually keeps you dry.

I have the HD one and have been caught acouple of times in a down pour and it kept me completely dry. Also easy on easy off with HIGH visibilty. Pack real well in Heritage saddle bags. Has it's own self contained bag.

Frogg toggs are the way to go. I picked up a pair for $60 and rode 3 hours in the rain and was dry. good luck and safe driving

Last edited:
I have a Nelson Riggs AX1, about $60. It is lined so it doesn't feel clammy. It keeps me totally dry and has 17" leg zippers for easy on/off and built in suspenders. Reflective stripe, and good pocket access. The downside, wrists do not have adjustable cuffs and the suit is kinda bulky when stored.

I spent a couple of months looking into a bunch of them. I ended up deciding on the Tourmaster Sentential line, and it was definitely the right choice for me.

I went to Bass Pro of all places and found both the pants and jacket for under $80.00. I looked at the Frog Toggs but like someone had already said they take up a lot of room in your bags. This rain suit is Black and both the pants & jacket fold up into their own stow pak which is no bigger that your two fist laid side by side. So they take up very little room in my lower bag and I like that. I confess that I don't set out to go riding in the rain but if you go on a long trip of any kind you are bound to get caught in a summer downpour. I also bought the HD rain overboots. They work well too. Most times I just get caught in the rain and drive home wet if I'm not out on a long ride. Call me lazy but it is a pain sometimes to pull over, get the rain gear out, put it on and then drive on. But it sure is nice to have it on board if you really need to have it. I stayed bone dry with mine when we went on a trip last summer and we got rained on most of the trip! :(

I have the Frogg Togg's Its fine for the price. The sizing between the pants and the top is weird though. Maybe I'm a weird shape................

Bodeen

Back