free website stats program rain gear | Harley Davidson Forums

rain gear

I had some el cheapo stuff, made me sweat too much, I just wear my over mink oiled leathers and ride a bit slower:s

I use light weight gear from bass pro shops, It doesn't take up much room and I can leave it on the bike. You never no when it is going to rain here.

I use an "aged variant" of Nelson Rigg 2 piece nylon rain suit I got from a Laguna Seca Race day special in mid 1993 @$25, works great...key features, high VIS 3M reflective tape, urethane and nylon mesh lining, elastic cuffs for sleeves & pants and color matched black-blue-purple (read old) for my 92 Katana way back when. :D

Current one in todays more "reasonable" Black w/Bright Yellow yoke and reflective tape is still rated a 4.5 appears to be top rated (now $50) and still reasonable.

I had a display model FieldSheer (model unknown) insulated two piece that worked great but was somehow misplaced on one of my long touring journeys, but I really liked that one because it was dry, warm and did not make you look like the Michelin man in cold, wet weather.

Rainsuit Comparison - Accessories & Gear Review - Motorcycle Cruiser

I have friends who have used Dry Rider, but Tour Master One piece was well received by most of my touring pals, though I prefer two piece based on packing, convenience and how much protection is needed.

Last edited:
Back