free website stats program rain gear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

rain gear

I have the high vis. HD rain suit. The day I purchased this suit we were out of town on a ride and sunny. Before we got home later that day, the bottom fell out and rained as hard as I had ever seen it rain. We rode about 35 miles in the rain and when I took it off not a drop of water was on my clothes. This suit was pretty pricey but to me well worth it. First of all the high visable helps with the safety and the suit is well constructed and again kept me completely dry. Just my thought.

Frogg Toggs their web site even shows the new heat shield patch to prevent burning on the right leg.

Whatever route you do go w/suits - make sure they can hold up to the rigors of riding @ hwy speeds. Wouldn't try Wal Mart rain gear on a bike...and, watch out for hot vehicle parts. Many posts on how to remove burnt/melted plastic off engine & exhaust.

Also, don't need to break the bank...Denis Kirk has some decent deals on their website & most are under $50.

I've had some cheap ones that didn't keep you dry and no leg shield. They didn't last long. Had 2 sets of HD, one I lost weight and need a smaller size and went to the HD High Vis set. It's great and probably the last suit I will need. The wife rides with HD packable, very thin but keeps her dry.

I had Frogg Toggs and on a long trip and after 3 different rain storms I was soaked.....When I got to my destination I spent the money on the Harley Hi-Vis suit and have been dry ever since. Good luck with your choice....sometime cheap is not always the answer.

RetNavyHD

I live in a climate where if it is not raining it will be soon so i always wear a cordura jacket which is waterproof i take the liner out in summer and open the vent zips if it is hot
i carry a double skin belstaff overtrouser in my saddlebag for if i get caught out but on longer journeys i just wear the cordura trousers again with the vents open on a hot day
i spent 6 hours in a thunderstorm with cordura jacket on and stayed dry inside had my belstaff overtrousers on but my jeans must have stuck out a wee bit as the water wicked up above my knees took 2 days in a boiler room of hotel to dry out my boots so i now have an extension on front fender to stop so much water being thrown up and wear waterproof boots

Brian

probably doesnt matter as long as you have them with you when you need them :s

+1.
we bought the hi vis Harley brand but Just about any decent brand would do. At Americde,last year, it poured all one day. just walking around with the rain gear, made the day seem like any good day
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and the ol'e lady both have the new Harley Hi-Vis.. rainsuits and they are the best... because it has not rained on me not one time since I got them !! You pay $300.00 for a pair of suits and it will never rain! So I don't know if they are any good or not....

I used the frogg togg, but after melting the leg, I was waiting for them to get the hi-vis but were on backorder. bought the HD hi-vis before I went on my trip from milw to dover, de. only wore them for about 15 min so far.

Me and the ol'e lady both have the new Harley Hi-Vis.. rainsuits and they are the best... because it has not rained on me not one time since I got them !! You pay $300.00 for a pair of suits and it will never rain! So I don't know if they are any good or not....

Likewise, I purchased the Frogg Toggs for myself and my wife, it hasn't rained on us since.:newsmile01:

Back