free website stats program Please i need mechanical help!!!! | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Please i need mechanical help!!!!

I'm gonna agree with the others, put the stock a/c back on it until you get the Race Tuner. Doesn't matter whether or not you plan on internal mods you can flash the ECU with the stage one and change the tune later in life if you decide to change something that is the beauty of the race tuner. Plus you could richen up the Stage One download a little and have it running a little cooler with improved performance.

After trying the alternatives the Race Tuner is the only way to go, you'll pay a little more up front but the tuneability you get is worth every penny. Make shure to get the cables and the software cd so you have everything you need to tune your bike.

Glad you got it sorted out! :s

Very cool,
I will install the stock breather first thing tomarow. Cross your fingers, were getting close.

:bigsmiley12:

Got the stock air cleaner on the bike and a short ride under my belt. I will be putting a longer ride on it in a few. The bike had no obvious miss at any rpm, or with a load on it and it didnt bog in the cruzing gears. It seemed to have more throttle response and power. I would like to put a longer ride on it before we light up our "its a hog cigars", but its looking like the fingers are pointing at the dobeck. Im not badmouthing the unit, but at this point it running good. I will make shure first. But one thing I do like about this site is that not everyone swears by the same product, its cool to see what some people are having luck with and why others will never use a certain part or product. I have the results up soon.
Thanks guys,
Rhys

I'm gonna agree with the others, put the stock a/c back on it until you get the Race Tuner. Doesn't matter whether or not you plan on internal mods you can flash the ECU with the stage one and change the tune later in life if you decide to change something that is the beauty of the race tuner. Plus you could richen up the Stage One download a little and have it running a little cooler with improved performance.

After trying the alternatives the Race Tuner is the only way to go, you'll pay a little more up front but the tuneability you get is worth every penny. Make shure to get the cables and the software cd so you have everything you need to tune your bike.

Glad you got it sorted out! :s

So, the MoCo has three options. A stage one flash for the computer, wich is for mufflers and a breather. A stage two flash for the computer, wich is for full exhaust and a breather. And a tunner with dyno for all the rest. Why do they have a ECM flash in a stage 1 or 2 if they always tell what you need is a tunner and dyno. I have only added pipes to my bike for sound, not performance and the breather for looks. If I wanted a smokin fast bike I would have gotten a riceburner and not a Roadking. Im just looking to not have a melt down due to the parts I have added, the 103 is pleanty powerful. The MoCo says the 103 police model I have produces 102ft/lb of tourqe. So if all I have are pipes and a breather, would a stage 2 flash help in not tearing up my hog. I really cant do a 800 dollar sert right now. Im just looking for reliability and longjevity. So what do you think??????

How old is the Dobeck that came off the bike? Call about warranty? You really do not need a race tuner for your bike. Call Dobeck or post in their part of the forum and see what they say. They have great customer service and have been real good to our forum members with discounts and such. Cant hurt.

So, the MoCo has three options. A stage one flash for the computer, wich is for mufflers and a breather. A stage two flash for the computer, wich is for full exhaust and a breather. And a tunner with dyno for all the rest. Why do they have a ECM flash in a stage 1 or 2 if they always tell what you need is a tunner and dyno. I have only added pipes to my bike for sound, not performance and the breather for looks. If I wanted a smokin fast bike I would have gotten a riceburner and not a Roadking. Im just looking to not have a melt down due to the parts I have added, the 103 is pleanty powerful. The MoCo says the 103 police model I have produces 102ft/lb of tourqe. So if all I have are pipes and a breather, would a stage 2 flash help in not tearing up my hog. I really cant do a 800 dollar sert right now. Im just looking for reliability and longjevity. So what do you think??????

That is WHY we here on HDT suggest the Dobeck Tuner... They work for the many here. Just a few seem to bad mouth them and ONLY have just to listen to others who do the same... You Can't go wrong by a Dobeck device that Will simply supply more fuel to the LEAN HD and even after the Flashing from HD shop, they are STILL TOO LEAN......

HD sells their 500$ unit + tuning it on a dyno?300$....... for the BIG BUCKS.That discount here for being a member is good and I KNOW Dobecks Will and DOES stand behind their product...

This is One of the Many perks HDT has for it's members and a darn good one. BESIDES all the work members do to HELP each other out.:bigsmiley12:

There has to be a unit from Dobeck that will Work good on your bike...

signed....BUBBIE

Dobeck Performance
Chris @ 406-388-2377

A stage one flash for the computer, wich is for mufflers and a breather. A stage two flash for the computer, wich is for full exhaust and a breather.
would a stage 2 flash help

A Stage 2 flash includes the code/maps needed for cams. That's not what you want.

When running a TFI in my 09 FLHR 96" with air and slip-ons. It was running perfect...

Then I added the SE255 cams. I had to Turn Down the TFI green adjustment to reduce the fuel it was getting...

Asking Mark Dobeck about it, (my memory) He saying Yes, that turning Down the amount of fuel was necessary with that cam because it was Breathing more in and needed less fuel from the green pot..

I moved from 3.25 to + side of 2... I was getting 42 MPG before the Cams and 42 after the cams. It ran the best there also... Not LEAN at all.

signed....BUBBIE

Although rare, sometimes you can get a bad crimp on a connector. I got one on my TFI. It was a serious pain to find, because of how it manifested. Dobeck made it right with no resistance. The main probelm was narrowing the stuttering to a bad crimp in the TFI connector. It was the contact that has 2 wires in it, that connects to the (I believe) front injector.

Contact Dobeck. They wont leave you orphan.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I'm pretty shure you can get a race tuner for alot less than 800 dollars, check Latus HD's website for the mods you have all you're gonna need is the so called stage 1 map flashed in. Good luck whatever you decide.

Back