free website stats program Please i need mechanical help!!!! | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Please i need mechanical help!!!!

Rhys,

IF you just unbolt the Ground wire from/on Dobeck unit, The fuel management reverts back to the stock Harley Brain that sends out the fuel ratio.

No need to Unhook everything. :s

signed....BUBBIE

I would do that but on the police bike the injectors have a reversed polarity for some reason, not shure why. So when I installed the dobeck, I had to switch the wires on the injectors "recomended by dobeck". I really dont know why harley has done that on these models, but I have to get a part today so I am going to try to find out why. The answer the MoCo gives me will probably be a wild one. I have to get the bugs worked out soon, its getting chilly up here and I dont want to start the new season still dealin with little issues. Does anyone know if my stock push rods are adjustable.

I would do that but on the police bike the injectors have a reversed polarity for some reason, not shure why.

As a guess I'd say it's so Joe GP Moto Cop doesn't go adding " throttle enhancers" to their bikes whilst at home on lunch break. :D

Well, I guess it seems like I might have to give some of my money to the MoCo. I pulled a lot of things off the bike and did a ton of cleaning and checking for bad wires, leaky gaskets, ect, ect. I was told by a guy that his bike was doing the same thing and it ended up being a injector. I went and bought some seafoam, and added it to the tank, put a new air filter on for good measure. I fired up the bike, still hearing the miss I decided to take a small run on it. The first five minutes it had no change, still a bit of hesitation at small amounts of throttle and during normal acceleration. After about five to six minutes in one direction on a country road with no change I decided to turn around and head back to the garage. I said a few choice words with disapointment and went through first and second gear with it making the popping noise/hessitation, hit third gear and the ol king came to life. The rear cyclinder stopped popping, there was no hessitation and it took very little effort and throttle to get the 103 to wind up. It was running like a champ. I did several stops and going throught the gears to see if it was just me, but it had cleared up, running strong. So I cancelled all plans and rode till my back side couldnt handle it. I went home, pulled in the garage with a smile and said thats what Im talking about. Bikes running good, skin is crawlin from being wind blown and my back side is sore, It was a good day!!!!!! I got a call from a buddy that said every one is riding today, and wanted to know if wanted to go. 120 mile round trip sounds like fun, plus I havent been able to ride all summer. We headed out, and I was the only one smiling like a retard. We got about ten minutes it the trip and my bike started popping through the rear cyclinder pipe and through the breather and was hessitating agin. needless to say I limped the ol king home, and if my twin sons had not been outside waiting on me,"they could hear dad comming down the road" I would have thrown a big babby fit, but they were watching me. I dont know why its running bad, runs good then bad again. So my questions are.
Would a coil cause this?
Could it be the fuel pump?
Is their a sensor that would just affect just one cyclinder?
What could be affecting just ther rear cyclinder, that would clear up and then mess up again?
Guys, I do apologize for the length of this post. I also am thankful to have a group of people like you to get advice from.
Thank you.

Would a coil cause this?
Could it be the fuel pump?
Is their a sensor that would just affect just one cyclinder?
What could be affecting just ther rear cyclinder, that would clear up and then mess up again?

Perform a WOW test and see if there any stored codes. If so, write them down and then clear the error log. Restart the bike. See if a new code will be thrown. Is your compression release valve(s) electrically driven or are they mechanical.

I would do that but on the police bike the injectors have a reversed polarity for some reason, not shure why. So when I installed the dobeck, I had to switch the wires on the injectors "recomended by dobeck". I really dont know why harley has done that on these models, but I have to get a part today so I am going to try to find out why. The answer the MoCo gives me will probably be a wild one. I have to get the bugs worked out soon, its getting chilly up here and I dont want to start the new season still dealin with little issues. Does anyone know if my stock push rods are adjustable.

Police Bikes?
Wonder IF it has something to do with the red-blue lights and Siren...

Maybe their radio also??? what say Mr. Hoople?

signed....BUBBIE

Perform a WOW test and see if there any stored codes. If so, write them down and then clear the error log. Restart the bike. See if a new code will be thrown. Is your compression release valve(s) electrically driven or are they mechanical.

I dont know how to do a WOW test, would love to know how. My compression release's are electric.

Can you describe in detail how you changed the wiring polarity of the injectors.

When I got the dobeck, I installed it and the bike wouldnt start. The guy at dobeck told me that police bikes had reversed polarity on the injectors and that I needed to pull my injector connectors that sit ontop off the injector and pull the pin that holds the wire in the connector and flip the wires, just switch the spot they sit in. I did that and the bike fired right up with the new dobeck. I went on a 20mile ride and the ACR on the rear cyclinder froze open. got that fixed and then put about 20 more miles on it and the popping started, then the hessitation. I can go out right now fire the bike, and might be able to ride a hour to four or five hours, then fire it up the next day and it has a miss in the rear cyclinder and pops through the rear cyclinder head pipe and breather along with hesitation. And then it might just come right out of it and ride great or it will continue to do it till you just take it home. I have thought I fixed it several time, but then it starts agin. I just dont know what could affect just that cyclinder, most of the time.

Have you tried taking the dobeck off to see if that will clear it up? From my personal experience and the troubles I've seen others have, I will/would not ever run one again. Not saying that IS your problem, but just seems I've read alot lately of those things going afoul. Hope you get it figured out soon.

Back