free website stats program Opinions please.... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions please....

Just swapped an '07 RKC for a '11 Limited.
Best move ever.
Made my tour pack removable for around town, looks and feels a sportier.
Great ride, really like the fairing ( not too sure about the lowers yet )
Really made the rght move ( for me )
Good luck, it's a tough decision

I traded my 03 Heritage, that I loved for a 2011 FLHTK. I was concerned going to the bigger bike. The 103 and the 6 speed, WOW I cant say enough. It is great! I did do air cleaner ,slip-ons & HD download.I have 3000 miles on it I have yet to notice any problems with it heating up.Go for it.

Why do I need a new paint job??? Maybe you can't tell from the pic of my bike, but my paint looks like the day it rolled off the assembly line, and even though the bike is 11 years old, it still looks brand new.

Don't be so defensive - I think he was just trying to say that for a lot less $$$ than a new bike, you can repaint everything and it'll almost look and feel like a different bike. I really didn't read it as an insult to your current bike's paint job or appearance.

Don't be so defensive - I think he was just trying to say that for a lot less $$$ than a new bike, you can repaint everything and it'll almost look and feel like a different bike. I really didn't read it as an insult to your current bike's paint job or appearance.

Absolutely! Not knocking your current paint job at all. Just suggesting a cheaper change than replacing the whole bike.
Sorry if I offended.

I traded EG Classic to get back to a Heritage Classic. I just wish I could have gotten a carb model, but not available in 2010. Working on it would be much easier. The only thing I miss is the radio, but the mp3 takes care of that. Not as conveinant but works. I haven't really noticed a difference in the ride, but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I had a 2000 RKC, which was custom painted, had a 95" kit, stage two, EFI etc. Traded that for a 2010 FLHTK and I could not be happier. Yes it was hot, too hot for my liking so I changed out the cats, added V&H slip on's, did the stage 1 and installed a PCV. man what a ride! It is smooth, fast, has plenty of power and I can ride it all day. I loved my old bike as it was customized to me, but I have no regrets and in time I can make this one custom to me as well.....the ride of the new bikes are just incredible.

Absolutely! Not knocking your current paint job at all. Just suggesting a cheaper change than replacing the whole bike.
Sorry if I offended.

Wasn't being defensive or offended. Believe me, it takes a lot more than that to offend me. :s I asked for opinions and value all of them, since everyone's is different, and I'll take them all into consideration when making the final decision. Was just saying that I don't need a paint job, and a paint job to me wouldn't be a replacement for a new Ultra Limited. I think you and the Dr. took my reply the wrong way. Sorry if it sounded harsh. Wasn't meant to be. :D

If you want it real bad then jump if it aint going to break the bank. The years go by fast and you may as well enjoy some of them.

Go rent one & ride it for a day & see how your back feels. Or explain it to your dealer & they may let you take it for a longer road test. I tested one & when I got back I was disappointed & they wanted me to go for a longer ride. Nothing that some pipes,AC & a shorter windshield would not fix & maybe lower it, but other than that I liked it. You may see what they are willing to throw in the deal for your business. Good luck

Toby

I agree with Bubbie, except you might want to also consider a 2008 bagger. The 2009 annd up have the new frame, but if you are used to riding a a softail, you will find the new frames to be really "top" heavy. And, if you are considering long trips, the Road Glide is a dream to ride - steady as a rock!

In 2004 I bought a 2002 ElectraGlide Classic with 12K miles on it along with big bore kit , stage one, and exended warranty. Best decision I made on buying a Harley. It now has 80K miles on it and runs great. No major repairs to this date. Buying late model used is the way to go!!!!!

Back