free website stats program Opinions please.... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions please....

Very nice ...Love the paint and wheels..:)

Thanks. Thats two of the things that sold me on it. The 500 watt 6 CD Shaker sound system w/ Sirius radio was another. :D Don't see those chrome wheels on too many of the Mustangs and the paint has a metal flake in it that really stands out in the sun. It's a great car and fun to drive, but still don't know why I bought it. Especially with black leather seats. Texas summers, black leather..... don't wear shorts. :newsmile055:

Since you are in no hurry, just keep your eyes open and save up your money like you are making payments.

Only problem with that strategy is, I'm taking my twin daughters to Vegas in August and meeting the 3rd one out there, so when I get back, I might be riding a bicycle.
(or hit it big and pay cash for that new Ultra) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
glazier; I was in the same position as you exactly two years ago...

Had my "paid for" 05 XL1200C & loved riding it, but wanted something more comfy for longer treks. One word of advice - stay out of the HD store...test drove my "now" 09 Street Glide & immediately had to have it. Tossed & turned all weekend & swung a deal the following Monday.

Yes, I did swap exhaust, breather & added tuner (all for ~$700) by finding great internet deals. You could always work the upgrades into a deal, but best to outright sell your current ride & go in w/cash. Believe me, you take it in the shorts w/trade & they won't budge much w/goodies either. Good luck & let us know which way you decide...

But if you like we can help you spend more money... :s :newsmile093:

Hey, you sound like my ex wife, and I can get rid of you guys a lot cheaper than I disposed of her :p

[/QUOTE]As far as the Ultra Limited that you are talking about... It might just be my next bike in a few years. Nice bike IMO.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if we can get a better deal if we buy them from the same dealer at the same time.

I was in a similar position 2 years ago, had a paid for heritage classic and wanted something built for touring. I traded the classic in for a limited. I got the bike in August and rode it stock for 4 months, and loved it. Over the winter made a few changes, and this past winter a few more. Typical changes, pipes, cams, power commander, air cleaner.

The bike did run hot, but the only time it was a real issue was after a 500 mile day, got stuck in some seriously bad DC traffic.

My wife loves this bike and it is much more comfortable for the both of us. If you get one you won't regret it.

Good luck.

Let someone else take the hit on depreciation. There are plenty of very low mile used bikes out there and if you look a litter harder you may find one with all the upgrades you want. The dealer don't allow any additional on the trade in for add ons so don't let them boost the price because of them.. just my thoughts.
I have to agree with Redfish here. I bought my bike for 14k and it was loaded. It only had 7500 miles on it. It is an '03 Ultra and I bought it in 2008./ The guy hardly rode it but he put all this money into it. You can do likewise if you shop around. There are deals out there. You don't have to spend twenty five thousand dollars! There are a lot of good deals out there. This was my first EFI bike and I love it. It purrs going down the highway. Whatever you decide I can honestly say that a touring bike will give you the comfort & pleasure that you are looking for.

Yes on the catalytic converters..EPA and Too hot...Many change out right away. Yes all the newer big twins have them installed.. 09 was the last year Not...

TFI will make a BIG difference in heat without Modification of the air and exhaust... Just needs to be set differently and tole to the tech when you order one, that you are Not stage one..
when the 2012's come out in August the other bikes take a hit ... The 09 would make a good bike and save a lot of money..

signed....BUBBIE

Several people here seem to have the idea that you can't go touring on a Heritage. I beg to differ. I had a 2003 Road Glide which was really comfortable on the road, but a real pig to ride around in town. Top heavy, hard (at least for me) to maneuver in parking lots, easy to dump coming to a stop. Then I got an 06 Heritage, and discovered it maneuvered as well as my old FXRS and was as comfortable for long trips as the Road Glide. Two and three day trips, riding all day, and I wasn't tired or stiff. I wish I'd bought the Heritage 10 years ago! BTW, I'm 70 yrs. old.
The only thing I miss is the cruise control. Never cared about the radio or all the other stuff on the fairing.

Bottom line, your choice, but if it were me, I'd keep the Heritage. If you're dying for something new, and the money is burning a hole in your pocket, get a new paint job! It'll look like a brand new bike for a ton less money!

My opinion is that at the end of your post you figured it out for yourself. Just my 2 cents
Ken

my vote is with Ken. Paid for is very nice. Those new bikes look very nice to me also, but my 01 is paid for and it looks really nice in that light.

Several people here seem to have the idea that you can't go touring on a Heritage. I beg to differ. I had a 2003 Road Glide which was really comfortable on the road, but a real pig to ride around in town. Top heavy, hard (at least for me) to maneuver in parking lots, easy to dump coming to a stop. Then I got an 06 Heritage, and discovered it maneuvered as well as my old FXRS and was as comfortable for long trips as the Road Glide. Two and three day trips, riding all day, and I wasn't tired or stiff. I wish I'd bought the Heritage 10 years ago! BTW, I'm 70 yrs. old.
The only thing I miss is the cruise control. Never cared about the radio or all the other stuff on the fairing.

Bottom line, your choice, but if it were me, I'd keep the Heritage. If you're dying for something new, and the money is burning a hole in your pocket, get a new paint job! It'll look like a brand new bike for a ton less money!

I could ride my Heritage cross country if needed, but wanted to be more comfortable. And if someone goes with me, she needs to be comfy too. Why do I need a new paint job??? Maybe you can't tell from the pic of my bike, but my paint looks like the day it rolled off the assembly line, and even though the bike is 11 years old, it still looks brand new. And nope, don't have money burning a hole in my pocket, but going to enjoy what I do have while I'm able to enjoy it. Thats what it's for. Can't take it with you. Like my neighbor used to say..... "I've never seen an armored car following a hearse". He bought an '07 Ultra Classic, had a lot of mods done to it, then got lung cancer. Couldn't ride anymore, and 3 months later he died. He was so excited when he first got it and only got to ride it 3000 miles.

Back