free website stats program Opinions please.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions please....

Let someone else take the hit on depreciation. There are plenty of very low mile used bikes out there and if you look a litter harder you may find one with all the upgrades you want. The dealer don't allow any additional on the trade in for add ons so don't let them boost the price because of them.. just my thoughts.

From what i have read on this forum bigger engine = more heat = more money trying to reduce the heat just a point to consider

Brian

Have you given thought to buying a USED one of 09 and up??????

09's don't have Cats and you could get all the upgrades NEEDED in the slightly Used bike.....
There you WILL save a lot of $$$... Used is a good way to go and Prices for a down economy is in YOUR favor...

I'd bet you could find an 09 for 6/7000 $$ less than PLUS all the extra stuff on it. Put some serious miles on that one and LATER get a NEW one... You'll save so much and have that NICE bike you wanted you will NOT want to go newer.

Just a thought..

NEW is NICE but Used would save a ton of $$ and Keep your Budget in perspective..

The 2000 would sell because of the lesser $$ for a person to spit out...

signed....BUBBIE

But I want one real bad!!!!! :( Not sure why, just do. :D Maybe because they just look so pretty. After riding for about 150-200 miles, my back hurts real bad. Was wondering if a new Ultra would help out there. Not fun to be several hundred miles from home, back starts acting up, and I'm in agony all the way home. Kinda takes the fun out of the ride :newsmile08:
Was checking out some of the aftermaket riders backrests I see on Ebay, but not sure if that will help, or if they will push me further up on the bike. A lot of them are of the "homemade" variety, and not real crazy about the looks of them.

I have two harleys and both w/backrests from mustang. IMO a backrest is the way to go. Few blocks from the house without it and my back acts up. Not any more!

My opinion is that at the end of your post you figured it out for yourself. Just my 2 cents
Ken

I agree with Kemo too. However if you are serious than I would wait for a used one. Let somebody else take the beating. Probably find one with stage 1 already done too. my .o2

Bodeen

SHOP AROUND!!! Don't always settle for nearest dealer. They will work against each other to get you a better deal and your business. Plus if you are a Shriner, police officer or firefigher you can get up to $3000 off of msrp. I was able to. Just my two cents.

Wow!!! The response was overwhelming and some great advice/opinions. Can't respond to everyone individually, but know I read all replies. Bubbie, when you say the 09's don't have CATs, I assume you're referring to catalytic converters. Do the new ones have them??? I'm also assuming the bike would be better off without them. Correct??? Did Harley have to add them for EPA regs??? Probably makes the bike hotter, but do they do anything positive for the overall performance??? And I hadn't given much thought to a slightly used bike, but might look into it. I have briefly looked at a few late model used ones when at my local dealer to get parts, and I don't see a whole lot of price difference between low mileage used and new. If the price difference isn't that big, I'd rather have new, but maybe I can bargain better on used prices. I know they don't budge on MSRP on the new bikes. As far as one person said about going to Paris, Tx, my neighbor bought his '05 Fat Boy and '07 Ultra Classic in East Texas (Longview I think). He compared prices and got a much better deal in the country than in the big city. I even offered to ride his new Ultra home from Longview for him (being the nice guy that I am), but he declined my offer. Think I will go to Longhorn Harley on Demo day and test ride a few. They've always got great parties there on certain Saturdays. Live music, free beer, good looking women, and free demo rides. Sounds like my definition of Heaven. :bigsmiley11:
Thanks again for all opinions/advice. Like I said, my bike is running great, so I'm in no rush to do anything hasty. (not like last year when I stopped off at the Ford dealer to look at new trucks and ended up buying the Mustang on the showroom floor). Still trying to figure out how that happened. :laugh

Wow!!! The response was overwhelming and some great advice/opinions. Can't respond to everyone individually, but know I read all replies. Bubbie, when you say the 09's don't have CATs, I assume you're referring to catalytic converters. Do the new ones have them??? I'm also assuming the bike would be better off without them. Correct??? Did Harley have to add them for EPA regs??? Probably makes the bike hotter, but do they do anything positive for the overall performance??? And I hadn't given much thought to a slightly used bike, but might look into it. I have briefly looked at a few late model used ones when at my local dealer to get parts, and I don't see a whole lot of price difference between low mileage used and new. If the price difference isn't that big, I'd rather have new, but maybe I can bargain better on used prices. I know they don't budge on MSRP on the new bikes. As far as one person said about going to Paris, Tx, my neighbor bought his '05 Fat Boy and '07 Ultra Classic in East Texas (Longview I think). He compared prices and got a much better deal in the country than in the big city. I even offered to ride his new Ultra home from Longview for him (being the nice guy that I am), but he declined my offer. Think I will go to Longhorn Harley on Demo day and test ride a few. They've always got great parties there on certain Saturdays. Live music, free beer, good looking women, and free demo rides. Sounds like my definition of Heaven. :bigsmiley11:
Thanks again for all opinions/advice. Like I said, my bike is running great, so I'm in no rush to do anything hasty. (not like last year when I stopped off at the Ford dealer to look at new trucks and ended up buying the Mustang on the showroom floor). Still trying to figure out how that happened. :laugh

What model mustang??

Since you are in no hurry, just keep your eyes open and save up your money like you are making payments. Then when ready go buy it without the worry of a loan to deal with, or at least possibly a smaller loan.

Back