free website stats program Ok BIG guys, what are you riding? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ok BIG guys, what are you riding?

Just picked up a 07 Roadking Classic, i'm 5ft9 and about 280 and am perfectly comfortable on it. Usually ride 2up with wife its a little tight since were not small, but still hauls (EDIT).

Last edited by a moderator:
The softtail sits a bit better for a tall, long arm person cause it sits you a bit lower and has more stretch to the bars. But it doesn't have near the comfort of a RK or a touring model.

I'd demo ride all of them before you buy. Sitting and riding are not the same.

6'4" 290# with a 36" inseam this has also been one of my biggest hurdles. In addition to my size I also have lower back and knee pain which sometimes make it difficult to get my feet up on the floor boards. I ride a 2001 Road King classic equipped with the tall-boy seat and still find it necessary to use the "Air-Hawk" seat cushion system to boost myself up even more. This works adequately however I would still be interested in hearing of an even better solution!

Thanks all your input is very appreciated. I am still looking and evaluating what models I like. The Road Kings are still tops on the list but there are some limitations that I don't like. I like the size of the bike but I don't like the limitation on the size of the rear tire. Yes I like a really fat tire... :)

I am also looking for something, and forgive me I do not mean to offend, "less older guy looking". I am 43 so my son putts me in that "Older guy" category. My sons words not mine....:p Not thrilled about the windsheilds and front fairing looks.

Any advice\comments are greatly appreciated. Pictures of you big guys rides would be great as well!

Sorry for the duplicate post on this. I guess my son is right and I am an "old guy"..... Hehehehe:D

Thanks
Wade

Thanks all your input is very appreciated. I am still looking and evaluating what models I like. The Road Kings are still tops on the list but there are some limitations that I don't like. I like the size of the bike but I don't like the limitation on the size of the rear tire. Yes I like a really fat tire... :)

I am also looking for something, and forgive me I do not mean to offend, "less older guy looking". I am 43 so my son putts me in that "Older guy" category. My sons words not mine....:p Not thrilled about the windsheilds and front fairing looks.

Any advice\comments are greatly appreciated. Pictures of you big guys rides would be great as well!

Sorry for the duplicate post on this. I guess my son is right and I am an "old guy"..... Hehehehe:D

Thanks Wade

They sell fat tire kits for Dynas, not sure on the RK. From what I've seen the RK is about the least old guy looking comfort model. It's a bit lighter looking without the front fairing or the back pizza box like the Ultra. Do you like the softail models? They don't ride quite as soft but they sit nice for a taller person. They feel like a bit more stretch from seat to bars. Maybe you should test ride a Fat Boy or Heritage.

At 6'5" tall, you might have to buy an after market seat. Or even better if you can locate custom seat shop within riding distance so he can shape your seat to your position. I can relate and I'm only 6'-2". Obviously they build bikes to sell the average size and height person. If you are short or tall, you won't get as good a fit.

I'm 6'3, 230 a 2009 Road Glide works for me. Had to take off the heel shifter so my size 14 boot would fit the shifter assembly. My buddies say I have a big foot and a big mouth for it to fit in...

6'1" 375 lbs and losing - 2005 Black Cherry Pearl FLHT, I weighed MUCH more when I bought it and started riding again. Nice solid bike.

I am 43 so my son putts me in that "Older guy" category. My sons words not mine....:p Not thrilled about the windsheilds and front fairing looks.

43?!?...Shoot I'm only 60 and I'm still not old enough for a dresser.

Biggest issue I have with them is floorboards...or any other that have them. Can never seem to get use to or comfortable with them. BTW and FWIW I ride a FXST and I'm 6'4" at 200 pounds.

I ride the Road Glide :bigsmiley12:. The RG has the fixed fairing and the fairing is not right on top of you like the batwing fairings are so you have a less restricted feeling on the RG.

What he said, the RG fairing isn't as in your face claustrophobic as the batwing fairing.

Back