free website stats program Ok BIG guys, what are you riding? | Harley Davidson Forums

Ok BIG guys, what are you riding?

SCGamecock

I am 6'5" 260lbs and am trying to decide which bike is for me. i have not rode one yet on a long distance but have sat on more than I care to count. At first I thought the Heritage classic was the way to go but now I am thinking Road King.

I come from a sport bike background(GSXR's) and love the look of a fat back tire on a Harley. But I am thinking that I may be to big for any of the models that have the wider swing arm and fatter tire.

So what are you big ape's like me riding???:D

Thanks
Wade

I ride the Road Glide :bigsmiley12:. The RG has the fixed fairing and the fairing is not right on top of you like the batwing fairings are so you have a less restricted feeling on the RG. If you are going to get a bike you will be happier with a touring model and why not get the bike that has it all such as radio and cruise & ride. JMO

i ride a electra glide classic 6,3 240 .i have put hiway pegs on the frount crash bars for my looong legs maks it more comfey and like IRONMARK said radio cruise while u are there . we spend to much time squizing into there world now we get a benifit for being big apes

Just about all the touring models can be fitted with controls and bars and seats to make it more comforable for your size. I also ride a Road Glide and think for the money they are the way to go. With the right seat/handlebar/floorboard extenders and highway pegs, the TC, RK, or the FLSTC can be the bike for you.

Talked to a guy this past week who took off his floor boards and used pegs mounted forward, he was a taller guy, that needed to stretch his legs out a bit. First time I noticed this on the touring bikes. Looked like extended foot controls for toe, and no heal shift. there are definitively many options to customize which ever bike you choose. Happy hunting, and welcome to the site.

Ultra Classic Electra Glide...Has everything you could want or need to be comfortable (except for decent sounding speakers and pipes, oil temp gage, and.....)

6' 260lbs. Road King. Corbin solo and a Mustang two up. Heritage bars. None of the electrical stuff to worry about replacing or figuring out whats wrong with it. No frills nice ride IMO.

Back