free website stats program Ok BIG guys, what are you riding? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ok BIG guys, what are you riding?

I am 6'5" 260lbs and am trying to decide which bike is for me. i have not rode one yet on a long distance but have sat on more than I care to count. At first I thought the Heritage classic was the way to go but now I am thinking Road King.

I come from a sport bike background(GSXR's) and love the look of a fat back tire on a Harley. But I am thinking that I may be to big for any of the models that have the wider swing arm and fatter tire.

So what are you big ape's like me riding???:D

Thanks
Wade

:bigsmiley11: 2009 Electa Glide bagger . i am big man 6'5 and 314 lbs i change tallboy seat and front floor add 2 inch forward. i ride 8 1/2 hours with no problem no pain butt and leg aslo very..... comfortable :newsmile106:

this big ape rides a 2010 UC... with the tall boy seat...
I tried the road king and felt like i was "on" the bike not in it...
A preference i guess... very comfortable ride....
Wife and I did 2500 miles and had no issues..
although, I would like to put a set of apes on it for an even more comfortable ride.
Now the big question is... how tall do I go....
Enjoy the Ride

6'2" 275# and I ride an EG Ultra.I can ride all day w/o any problems.My wife rides a Sporty so I do stop about every 100 miles and top off fuel and stretch.

Gentlemen, Im 6'7 and 350.... Im now running a 2005 Road King with 18" apes and +9 Accutronix forward controls( excellent product) with a stock 2006 Street Glide seat and I love it. I sold my 2006 Street Glide a year ago cause I hated it.... I know youre thinking " but its the same bike.....", yes it is but that bloody fairing made me a bobblehead no matter what I did, and I did try different windshields, seats etc . I also just sold my old 1995 Heritage which had 8" risers with 18" apes and forward controls....loved that bike, should have kept it.... I sort of have a theme... but it works. Road Kings rock for us bigger guys, fairings and windshields make life nice but we're strong enough to ride all day and not need them..... at least thats what I tell the old lady

Back