free website stats program Ok BIG guys, what are you riding? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ok BIG guys, what are you riding?

You wont be comfy on anything stock.I ride a EGC,14 inch bars put a kit on floorboards that extends them out and forward about an 1 1/2 im good with the stock seat but my friend likes the tallboy that raises you up and a bit and back also the stock windshield was no good either a taller or shorter shield what ever your pref. Basically what im saying is start with one of the touring bikes which are larger bikes I.E. the road king egc ultra or RG and make the changes that will fit it to you...

If you are gonna spend the money on a Roadking go the extra and do an Ultra with all the bells and whistles. Comfort is everything and the extras are that much more.

I'm not a huge guy, 6'2", and a little over 250lbs. But with longer arms i was drawn to my blackline. The reach most people find too much. But it works for me and keeps me from hunching my back.

Just my two cents.

I am kinda big....6ft2in and 365 and I ride a 93 Heritage Classic.
put 4 inch risers on the handle bars and it rides fine for me.

I'm 6'0" @ 250lbs... I have an '05 Road King Custom... I would recommend a Road King or a Street Glide, depending if you want the fairing or not...
Good Luck...

6'0" @ 290# and my 2012 Ultra does me just fine. Usually ride 2-up with the wifie often 200-300 miles on a day ride just for fun. The seat, however, needs to GO! I want an Air Zeppelin.

6' 5" and 230lbs. I am now on a 2011 Electra Glide Ultra and love it! Put highway pegs on and the bike came with the HD Sun Ray seat from the dealer and it isn't too bad for long rides.

I just did a 1,650 mile trip over 4th of July week and loved every mile!

I personally love my Ultra with Klockwerks ergo up bars, floor board extenders, and corbin seat. I am 6'4" and this works very well for me. Have done several 1,000+ mile days with this set up but it is not for everyone.

Sitting on a bike and actually getting some miles on it are a total different story. Maybe you should try renting some of your top picks at the moment.

Electra Glide Ultra Limited. At 6'-5" and 280# it fits me well. I added a Road Zeppelin seat and HD Adjustable backrest. Then add highway pegs low on the crash bar and Harley-Goodies floor board extenders. This allows you to leave your heels on the floor board and toes on the pegs or stretch out and hook your heels on the pegs.
The Road Zeppelin seat is big and wide, and it can be adjusted on the fly as can the adjustable back rest. This combination of seat and floor board/ highway pegs gives you a LOT of flexibility in riding positions. Add to this the electronic cruise, six speed tranny hooked to the 103ci torque monster and Batwing fairing you've got THE rig for a big guy.

Everyone ends up on a bagger. Or so the saying goes. Only owned a Road King and now the Ultra. Loved my RK, (may she rest in peace). So far the Ultra has been a joy. Think you will be happy with anything in the Touring line. Good luck and welcome to the family! :bigsmiley23:

Back