free website stats program Oil temp gauge | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil temp gauge

Any words of wisdom on a oil temp. gauge for a 2014 Road King? All I can find in the HD catalog is the temp/dip stick type. Heard that they are crap. Looking for a small one that I can mount somewhere that I can see it at a glance.

I have an inexpensive ($30) 2 1/4" oil temp gauge from an auto parts store in the dash of my Electra Glide. For your bike, you would want a chrome cup or cover to mount it. Harley sells various cups and mounts for oil pressure gauges. Also places like J&P Cycles, Dennis Kirk, Summit Racing have items that might work.

I've seen several people remove the worthless ambient temp gauge and replace it with a oil temp gauge. I may do the change over the winter.

I've seen several people remove the worthless ambient temp gauge and replace it with a oil temp gauge. I may do the change over the winter.

That is where I put my oil temp gauge. I now use my nose for ambient air temp, it seems to be more accurate!

Any words of wisdom on a oil temp. gauge for a 2014 Road King? All I can find in the HD catalog is the temp/dip stick type. Heard that they are crap. Looking for a small one that I can mount somewhere that I can see it at a glance.
Have the "so-called crappy" on my '07 Ultra for a number of years and it works and the plus side it also shows the oil level without having to remove the dipstick. No burning of my hands!
I also replaced the air temp gauge with a Marlin's gauge that tells me the oil temp and head temp with a flick of the switch as I'm riding down the road.

Back