free website stats program Oil temp gauge | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil temp gauge

Any words of wisdom on a oil temp. gauge for a 2014 Road King? All I can find in the HD catalog is the temp/dip stick type. Heard that they are crap. Looking for a small one that I can mount somewhere that I can see it at a glance.

The oil level/temperature dipstick with LCD readout works well to read temperature; very accurate. The problem has been with reading the oil level, at least that was the problem with the early units. I went through two of them before deciding they were not worth the money. The first was replaced under warranty but no love on the second one. They are a bit pricey but are very accurate on temps and may be OK on the oil level now; not sure. However, they very convenient; no wiring, no gauge on you bars, etc.; convenience always comes with a price.:s

Myself included.....But did we learn anything?????????????:panic

Escaping to the shed or garage to tinker with the bike when the woman in your life is in a bad mood you will learn how to take a bike to bits and put it back together again
As they get a wee bit older and mellow and you are safe back in the house you can go online and share your tinkering experiences :s

Brian

Escaping to the shed or garage to tinker with the bike when the woman in your life is in a bad mood you will learn how to take a bike to bits and put it back together again
As they get a wee bit older and mellow and you are safe back in the house you can go online and share your tinkering experiences :s

Brian

Fin, I think it comes down to we can choose to be right (correct) or choose to be happy when dealing with a woman.........:D

Fin, I think it comes down to we can choose to be right (correct) or choose to be happy when dealing with a woman.........:D

No matter what you choose, the sooner you realize your always going to be wrong the happier everyone will be. (yes I'm speaking from past experience ):(

For those of us not riding any of the Electa Glide series (you folks should replace the ridiculous air temp gauge with an oil temp gauge in your dash) , I think the most important thing to add is an oil pressure gauge of some sort. There are a few alternatives that are fairly easy to install, and some that are a bit of a project.

I am thinking about one of these for my FLSTC:

Harley-Davidson Oil Pressure Gauge Kit 75133-99

But here are a few options from HD:

Harley Davidson Oil Pressure Gauges

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
I have the Arlen Ness oil pressure gauge on my FLSTC. I have seen several mounting options for putting another gauge up at the rocker box. I also have an oil dipstick with an analog gauge in the oil tank. I do agree that oil pressure is what I want to see before temp. I would think that if you have a RK and want both you can find a double bracket and both gauges, but you will need the sender unit for the oil tank.

Back