free website stats program Oil temp gauge | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil temp gauge

I also replaced the air temp gauge with oil temp. in 2013 we were riding up from buffalo, wy to cody on US 14. riding at 2500 in 3rd gear passing everything going up a mountain bike fully loaded. temp starting climbing as did altitude on gps. shifted down when the oil got to 300*F. no oil cooler then and the temp starting falling as we continued at a higher RPM and slower speed. I am convinced that I could've overheated the engine had I not had a temp gauge to alert me that the engine was lugging at 2500. came home and installed a cooler but swear by that gauge.

When you put the oil temp gage in your fairing . Were does it go into the engine
WAP.gif

Fisherking on the touring bikes with the oil pan under the engine there is an extra tapped hole next to the oil drain plug. On a Softail I used the hole where the oil light sensor is and used a double adaptor. I screw the oil light sensor into one and use the other for my oil pressure gauge. I guess you could put the oil temp sensor there but then you wouldn't have a trouble light. I have an analog oil did stick that is very accurate in the oil fill hole.

HD02FXST016.gif

# 4 is your oil sending unit, if you screw in a street T you can still use your oil light and plumb in your oil temp gauge
Be sure to use some thread sealer:s

I used a Dakota Digital Gauge instead of a analog gauge like HD uses.

250775_3729805561161_898473952_n.jpg

If your going to put in a oil temp gauge. Might as well make it one easily readable. The analog type, you have to guess at it and I'd rather not have to waste a long glance at a gauge when riding.

HD02FXST016.gif

# 4 is your oil sending unit, if you screw in a street T you can still use your oil light and plumb in your oil temp gauge
Be sure to use some thread sealer:s

I used a Dakota Digital Gauge instead of a analog gauge like HD uses.

250775_3729805561161_898473952_n.jpg

If your going to put in a oil temp gauge. Might as well make it one easily readable. The analog type, you have to guess at it and I'd rather not have to waste a long glance at a gauge when riding.

Great advice, specially if your using a rocker box mounted gauge and have to take your eyes off the road for a longer period.

I had an 05 electra glide classic with an oil temp guage that replaced the ever so accurate air temp. My question now is that I have an 14 street glide and would like an oil temp guage for it and wondering if their is one for the info system:panic

I had an 05 electra glide classic with an oil temp guage that replaced the ever so accurate air temp. My question now is that I have an 14 street glide and would like an oil temp guage for it and wondering if their is one for the info system:panic

Get up with these guys Dakota Digital and ask them.

Back