• Hastings Filter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mobil Filter

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
I will too Steve :D

If you figure out the $200 for that filter above verses your regular change intervals, the engine will be long gone before there is a $$ benefit realized IMO.

I use HD original equip filter, not because I think its better, but to Insure there is no chance for hd to come up with a lame excuse for refusing a warranty claim. I definitly plan on changing if there is good reason when the warranty is up,

HD oil filter for me. Always a black filter to disperse heat better (don't know if that's true or not).

We don't have a lot of choice here without ordering from oversea and paying a zillion dollars freight and bank fees. I have tried to get K&N here but go round in circles between the importer and distributors.

There was a guy importing some others but he didn't even realise that the twinkies used a different filter! (Giving me not much confidence in him choosing a great product).

BTW who puts a magnet on their filter?

Last edited:
HD oil filter for me. Always a black filter to disperse heat better (don't know if that's true or not).

We don't have a lot of choice here without ordering from oversea and paying a zillion dollars freight and bank fees. I have tried to get K&N here but go round in circles between the importer and distributors.

There was a guy importing some others but he didn't even realise that the twinkies used a different filter! (Giving me not much confidence in him choosing a great product).

BTW who puts a magnet on their filter?

Never heard this one before but I'm still pretty new. Where do you put it and why? Does it pull metal particles to the outer portion of the filter? Again, why? Extremely curious!

Never heard this one before but I'm still pretty new. Where do you put it and why? Does it pull metal particles to the outer portion of the filter? Again, why? Extremely curious!
I know some guys who put rare earth magnets (very powerful magnets) at the end of the filter. I guess the theory is that it is to grab any ferrous bits in the oil. Better than elsewhere in the engine if it works.

I know some guys who put rare earth magnets (very powerful magnets) at the end of the filter. I guess the theory is that it is to grab any ferrous bits in the oil. Better than elsewhere in the engine if it works.

I disagree with this train of thought ,when we were racing we would put a magnet in the base of the oil pan to pick up debree from extreme abuse.I should say now that it was contact cemented in. The guys that bought into placing the magnet on the filter would end up clogging their filters and losing oil pressure. IMO you don't need either on a street vehicle,no matter your riding style. (except Hobbit):D

Back