free website stats program No spark | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No spark

is there any way of testing the nose cone

Just look down when you are sitting on the bike, It's either there or it isn't.:s

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

You have to do a continuity test on the wires coming out from the ignition module in the nose cone at about the 7 o'clock position to see if there is any breaks in the wiring. They do go bad from movement.

Just look down when you are sitting on the bike, It's either there or it isn't.:s

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

You have to do a continuity test on the wires coming out from the ignition module in the nose cone at about the 7 o'clock position to see if there is any breaks in the wiring. They do go bad from movement.

you have to take the nose cone off to do that right?

Ohm the wires from the coil to the cone wires with the ignition off, kill switch off, these wires do break

is there anything online that i can download to troubleshoot A 1991FXRS eletrical system,like the nose cone removal

good morning does anyone know how to check a ignition coil on a 1991fxrs im not getting any spark to my plugs

Last edited by a moderator:
You will find numerous posts on how to check the ignition coil if you try the search feature in the center of the forum at the top. It's been discussed in great length over the years.

Back