free website stats program No spark | Harley Davidson Forums

No spark

hi can anyone help me with this .my 1991 fxrs was running fine then it stopped and im not getting spark from the coil i replaced the coil and still no spark

hi can anyone help me with this .my 1991 fxrs was running fine then it stopped and im not getting spark from the coil i replaced the coil and still no spark

Check if you have power to the pick up in the nose cone, some times these wires break

thanks but what is a nose cone

Right side of motor at the bottom below the push rod tubes, there should be a wire loom running in at an angle, that would be the nose cone and behind that cover is the trigger mechanisim for your ignition Google here is a picture or two

is there any way of testing the nose cone

You can probe the wire coming out of the cone with a test light while cranking there should be power there and follow it up to the coil there should be power there too. Is this stock ignition?

as far as i know it is i just bought it last summer.i was reading other answers in hear and when i rev up the engine my lights get brighter does this have anything to do with the nose cone

as far as i know it is i just bought it last summer.i was reading other answers in hear and when i rev up the engine my lights get brighter does this have anything to do with the nose cone

No that would be your charging system, that is the alternator inside the primary cover on the left side of motor and the battery and voltage regulator, the bike does not run now correct? You may also check the ignition switch for power and the kill switch on the handle bars if you have no power there it aint going to start

the kill switch when it off it wont crank and when its on it will i had a problem with it in the past it would crank but not start but when i flipped the switch on and off a couple of times then it would i dont know if that was really the problem or not at the time

the kill switch when it off it wont crank and when its on it will i had a problem with it in the past it would crank but not start but when i flipped the switch on and off a couple of times then it would i dont know if that was really the problem or not at the time

Repair ( clean it) or replace it

Back