free website stats program No spark | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

No spark

Re: help

hi i bought it used and it was running good then it just stopped i have power to the coil and it will turn over but its not getting any spark from the coil.i replaced the coil and still no sparkif the on/off switch bad will it still turn over but cause it to not get spark?

Re: help

i checked that i have power and it turns over like it wants to start but nothing

Do you have a white wire (possible pair) at one of the studs on the ignition coil. Using a meter what value do you read at the white wire(s) when the ignition is ON and not cranking.

The nose cone timing pickup sensor plate should have a 3 wire harness coming from it and going to a plug/receptacle connector. The three wires should be Green,, Black/white and Red. Are they the correct colors. If so, disconnect the plug and measure the voltage between the RED wire and the Black/White wire using a meter (harness side, not nose cone pickup side). What do you read when the ignition is turned ON and not cranking.

Something is NOT telling the bike to fire.. Juice to the coil and a New coil to boot (canuck talk) The Nose Cone ? problem in my 97 along with the Crank sensor BOTH were replaced while Broken down in Az..... Probably only One was bad but they replaced both... Warranty... Chandler HD in Az., Long ago...

signed....BUBBIE

Something is NOT telling the bike to fire.. Juice to the coil and a New coil to boot (canuck talk) The Nose Cone ? problem in my 97 along with the Crank sensor BOTH were replaced while Broken down in Az..... Probably only One was bad but they replaced both... Warranty... Chandler HD in Az., Long ago...

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie my money is on the pick up assembly in the cone probably a broken wire or melted gone to ground How you doing Sir Bubbie:s

Schematics I have for a 1991 don't show it having any crank sensor. But 1991 was before I was riding!:)

Correct. The twinkie was the advent of crank and cam position sensors.

Then I'll have to say it Was the 2ooo TC that had that problem in Az. as I do remember they did replace Both... If I remember right, they had a little trouble with the end of the crank sensor going bad and metal showing up OFF the inside of the sensor. on the first few year bikes, then redesigned the sensor(shorter i think)

I can see my 97 FXDS EVO and thinking it did only have the Nose Cone like you state... You know those two Models in FXDS looked very much alike... Big difference in LOOKS was the Foot-Ball looking chrome air cover... Both of the bikes were FUN and I put Many Miles on them..No setting around at the bars or coffee shops, Once I start a HD , it goes until the gas-station calls.....

signed....BUBBIE

Back