free website stats program New Project Bike | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Project Bike

Well I finally got the the top end back together yesterday. A friend & I went for a ride for testing. Ended up going a little over 50 mi. Finally had a little heat and sunshine here in So. Texas. Bike ran pretty good and a little quieter. Just need to raise the Inter. jet up 1 notch and fine tune the clutch. In the low 40's today and very windy so no ride today. Yep I'm a sissy.
tourbox

Good on you, the rocker shafts are working good and no leaks?

Well a little update from last. About the middle of May I dropped a spiral wrist pin clip and ruined the rear cylinder. Turns out both rods were bent, rear was the worst. So long story short, New cylinders(std.), pistons, rings, 4 new valves, 2 new exh. guides, new crank and rod kit. asst. other little parts. Wheels trued to 1/2 thous. on one side & 3/4 of a thous. on the other. Got it back on the road today. Now for the Break-in AGAIN. Had 2,595 mi. when it cratered. Once again a TroubleHead Jack(lol).
tourbox

Good luck Ray, Troubleheads are more forgiving than later model bikes and fun to work on:s

Well a little update from last. About the middle of May I dropped a spiral wrist pin clip and ruined the rear cylinder. Turns out both rods were bent, rear was the worst. So long story short, New cylinders(std.), pistons, rings, 4 new valves, 2 new exh. guides, new crank and rod kit. asst. other little parts. Wheels trued to 1/2 thous. on one side & 3/4 of a thous. on the other. Got it back on the road today. Now for the Break-in AGAIN. Had 2,595 mi. when it cratered. Once again a TroubleHead Jack(lol).
tourbox

I was gonna leave this thread alone since it's 550+ days old, eek!
Ya know if I wasn't new I'd be bustin your chops, brother > (edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna leave this thread alone since it's 550+ days old, eek!
Ya know if I wasn't new I'd be bustin your chops, brother >

What???

If something lets loose for whatever reason and craters their motor, I fail to see the humor there. JMO

It was mean't to be humor, dood...geezus, ? Maybe I joined the wrong forum...

Oh. I guess I just missed that. Difficult to tell where someone is coming from or actually thinking from a couple of sentences.

Back