free website stats program New Project Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

New Project Bike

tourbox

Well I couldn't stand it any longer I went and bought a 1973 FX. I still like the old Shovels. As you can see from the pics I have my work cut out. This will be a long term project but have gotten a few things already. I'm debating on going with the FL set up for that year. I have a old fairing already located but no saddle bags as yet. Everything is in the planning stage for now. The motor and tranny have been rebuilt,4-5 yrs. back, but never ran. I bought it from a friend who is a wrench for the local HD shop. He didn't do the rebuilds but knows & trust the guy that did.
As time & money progress I will post more pics and keep this updated. Some stuff will be upgraded.
tourbox

Attachments

• DSCN1289.JPG
    DSCN1289.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN1290.JPG
    DSCN1290.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 148
That's awesome. I wish I had the money, time and know how to take on a project like that. I'll be looking forward to progress reports and Poics. Good luck and have fun with it.

Best to you on getting the bike back on the road. What a great project.:s

Looks like you have a good platform for a FLH build, dig the trouble head motors:s

I will be watching for the step by step guide on your project :)

Brian

Well here is a little update. Just starting to put things on for fitment. Touring handle bars, '96 and later hand controls, F&R fenders. More things to follow.
tourbox

Attachments

• DSCN1295.JPG
    DSCN1295.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1296.JPG
    DSCN1296.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 89
man you definitely got it going on cant wait to finish product dont look like it will be long at the rate your going

Well I figure 3-6 months at least. I'm putting a '74 Shovel back together for guy since July of 2013. It hadn't been running in about 5 yrs.It is now though. Still waiting on him for asst. cables & other parts. Dollars & time to make it work.
tourbox

Back