free website stats program New Project Bike | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Project Bike

Well it's all been said but you have one of the best builds I have seen in a long time. Beautiful work and congrats.

Thanks for all the compliments fellas. I'm been out of town for 4 days so didn't see recent post.
I going to take the heads off today to remove a Tamer kit in the Rocker arms. They are a Wavy washer set up to help with spacing on the rocker arms. They have a tendency to brake so I want to remove them. I will have my brother do some machine on a lip of the rocker arm shaft to set the correct spacing for play. Book calls for .004-.025 play. I'm going to set it up for .008-.010 play. This tones down some of the rocker arm noise for Shovels. Pics to follow I hope.
tourbox

Thanks for all the compliments fellas. I'm been out of town for 4 days so didn't see recent post.
I going to take the heads off today to remove a Tamer kit in the Rocker arms. They are a Wavy washer set up to help with spacing on the rocker arms. They have a tendency to brake so I want to remove them. I will have my brother do some machine on a lip of the rocker arm shaft to set the correct spacing for play. Book calls for .004-.025 play. I'm going to set it up for .008-.010 play. This tones down some of the rocker arm noise for Shovels. Pics to follow I hope.
tourbox

looks GREAT, come on down anytime to play in the sun (oh and while your here i am just about to start on my old shovel)

Back