free website stats program New Project Bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Project Bike

Well time for another Update. I took the Rocker Boxes, Outer Primary, & Nose cone off for Chroming. I knew the motor had been Rebuilt but not to what extent. Well found out it has 0.020 Over pistons,Andrews BH cam(.450 lift) with Crane Solid Lifters & Adj. Push Rods.. Also new Valves & Springs. I was leaning towards a B grind with a .485 0r .495 lift but decided to stay with the BH because it was new anyway. No biggy to change later if I decide I want a little more Giddy up.
Any way some pics to update with the Project.
tourbox

Attachments

• DSCF0086.jpg
    DSCF0086.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0089.jpg
    DSCF0089.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 72
Seems that you are moving in the right direction
Many hours of fun ahead

Brian

Well another update. Got my chrome back and sat it on the motor for a pic or 4 . I only posted 1 for now.That was about 2 wks. back. A week later I ran some temporary wires & jumper cables. Pre-primed the motor with oil by cranking it over, Plugs were out,used elect. starter off & on until I had oil running out of the front exhaust rocker arm.
Put on some old mufflers,primed the S&S Super E with a hang bottle of gas and hit the starter.Fired up after a couple cranks. Motor sounded pretty good, no excessive noises.
I have points in it temporarily and set with a timing light. I marked the nose cone & points plate. They go in my tool pouch for possible roadside break down. I have a DynaTek Dual Fire set up for it. In the process now of doing the wiring.
The Tins are at the painters.
More to come.
tourbox

Attachments

• DSCN1309.JPG
    DSCN1309.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 58
Back