free website stats program New Project Bike | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Project Bike

Bike is looking good still a lot of stuff to do I am sure you will get there given sufficient time

Brian

Well boys & girls another Update with pics. I got the bike street legal last Friday. Took it for a 15-20 mile ride. It rode pretty smooth, very little vibration in the grips or feet.
However the motor was a too noisy for my liking. I've ridden and had Shovels for many years and this one is to Noisy. The motor was supposed to have been rebuilt a few years back, but never run. I had taken the heads off to have the Rocker Boxes chromed. There were New pistons,0 carbon, in the cylinders so didn't pull the Jugs. Everything in the Nose Cone looked good also. Had it off for chroming also.
I will start the tear down in a few days to see where the noise is coming from. I will update what I find.
Oh and by the way I have new floor board mounts and stuff to eliminate the forward controls. I'm getting Old and like floor boards.
tourbox

Attachments

• DSCN1413.JPG
    DSCN1413.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1414.JPG
    DSCN1414.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN1416.JPG
    DSCN1416.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 68
Well got most of the noise out now. Turns out the new Wiseco's had to much clearance. They were suppose to be at .003-.0035 clearance but had .005-.006. Way to much. So re-bored to .030 over and set them up for about .0015 .A lot quieter now, no piston slap. It is running solid lifters so may in time go to Hydraulics.
Any ways pretty happy over all. Just a few small adds to do this year as money permits. Pic is from a breakfast run ,40 mi., this a.m.
tourbox.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 60
Back