free website stats program Motorcycle Tire Reviews | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Tire Reviews

I have wondering what type of tired to put on my Limited,i knew i didnt want to put the factory tire back on it!! I think ima order the Michelin Commander 2 on there pretty soon!!!

My riding buddy has a 2010 limited he went to the Michelins 2 years ago he has 18,000 on the rear tire...he is gonna change it out this spring...its the tire I will go with when my new factory Dunlop wears out..although the Dunlop on the 2014 are supposed to be improved

Switched last year to the Michelin Commander 2 tires and so far they have been worth every cent. Much better than the factory tires on my 2009.

My first tyre change saw me change the Dunlops for Avon Cobra's. The are rounder in profile and softer but they sick like glue to the road.I have just bought another set of Avon's which will be going on in the next couple of months, They ride at a higher pressures than Dunlops and the Avon Cobra's on my Road King have 40 psi in the front and 44 psi in the rear. They ride fantastic! :UK

I pitched the Dunlops and have a set of Michelins. As Tony The Tiger says....THEY'RE GREAT!!!!!!!

Fatboy is putting out 120 horse and 116 torque. The Dunlops would slip all the time. The Michelins are softer and really grab the road. I've been watching the tread with a gauge and so far the is minimal wear and they ride and corner so much better.

But I've always said........to each his own. It's your ride so do what you want.

I stayed with the stock Dunlop 407 & 408. They are insane expensive and only available from HD but I got 22000 miles on the first set and the front tire was still inspectable. They are a multi compound tire (firmer in the center line, softer along the edges) They handle well and with almost twice the mileage as other tires I decided not to try something different.

Only 600 miles on my new Metzler 888's, but wow, what a difference from the Dunlops. Feels like a new bike in the handling area. Tracing the tar snakes, cracks, ridges are a thing of the past. I'm running them at 40lbs each.

I picked up the world's smallest nail last weekend, more like a staple...punctured the tube with a slow leak. HD and Indy say the tire is good (whew). ( happened on my block so not even 100 yards driven). New tube, new strap....good as new the same day.

Hopefully, they'll have the wide white walls when I need new ones.

been runnin michellins commander 2...great tire, long miles...over 17000 on rear last time...twice what Dunlop and Conti gave me

Dunlap tires on 2014 Roadking. Just turned 11,000 miles & tires still have some life left on them, just passed PA state inspection. Had Dunlaps on my 2007 Roadking & was putting rear tire on about every 10K & front tire around 20K. Anyone else getting more miles on later model touring models?

Back