free website stats program Motorcycle Tire Reviews | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Tire Reviews

As for using two different Brands of tires on your bike. I wouldn't. If you look at the TREAD Design on the tires, they will be totally different and may make your bike ride alittle weird. I know a friend of mine that is a Engineer for a company that makes tires and that he always said not to MIX brands because of Tread Design. Just my two cents worth of knowledge on this subject.

Thanks for the input. With that in mind, I guess I can just go with another Dunlop rear for now. Because I think the front will wear down by the time the new rear does. I guess it makes sence to do it that way.

I just purchased a CommanderII for the rear of my scoot on Amazon, on sale for $135 with free shipping, regular price $205.

I met a guy in Portugal riding an old Harley with a car tyre on the rear. He had travelled from London on it without a problem but it looked a bit square in profile for my liking!

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I have an '07 Road King. I replaced the factory rear Dunlop (402) at 12,000 miles and just replaced both at 25,000. The front still had about 2-3,000 left on it. Another important item is tire pressure. I run 36 in the front and 40 in the rear.

I've just put the only tyre i could get on mine the HD ones again - front was a warranty replacement from an accident and the rear had to be ordered !!!!!

I was getting 10,000 out of my rear Dunlop if I was lucky..got 16,000 out of my Michelin Commander on the rear.... the front had probably half tread left too

Thanks for posting the article. I was in the process of trying to decide which tire would be best for my Heritage. I always liked the way Michelin's handled and held up, but was not sure what model tire to purchase. J&P had a great tire sale during Daytona. After reading the article, searching the internet and reading comments on the various tires I decided to order the Michelin Commander II's for my softail. Time will tell if I made the right choice. However, the switch did save me over $200 on the front and rear tires compared to the dealer and from my research I have a superior tire. Thanks to all the contributors on this board for providing the technical information to make riding safer and more affordable. :small3d018: and here's one for a job well done. :cheers

Back