free website stats program Motorcycle Tire Reviews | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Tire Reviews

I was getting about 4k out of my dunlops and switched to michelin commanderII tires. At 10k now with lots of tread left on front tire...:D

I was getting about 4k out of my dunlops and switched to michelin commanderII tires. At 10k now with lots of tread left on front tire...:D

thanks-I will definately look at the Michilins 11....I have 402 dunlops now w/9000 miles and looking still good but will see about the mich's.

Michelin have had quite a few good reviews. I plan on using those next spring when I get my bike out of the garage.

What about regular tires? would you guys recommend sticking with the factory HD Dunflops, or purchase a different brand, if so, what brand? I would need a good balance between tire life (miles) and traction.

Dunlops are still a good tire. Michelins 2 may be alittle better because of the compound rubbber that is used on the sidewalls (harder) and alittle more stickier in the middle (softer). but also alittle more money. That is my two choices. Used them both but on 2 wheels.Michelins were better on the 2 wheeler. My Trike, I have Dunlop 402 on the front and it is doing well....9000 and still going strong.Probably get another 9 or 10thou easily...It also depends how and where you ride your bike...........

Got 16,000 miles out of Michelin Commander II's and loved the handling as well, whether wet or dry. Put on another set which now have 5,000 on and going strong.

Dunlops are still a good tire. Michelins 2 may be alittle better because of the compound rubbber that is used on the sidewalls (harder) and alittle more stickier in the middle (softer). but also alittle more money. That is my two choices. Used them both but on 2 wheels.Michelins were better on the 2 wheeler. My Trike, I have Dunlop 402 on the front and it is doing well....9000 and still going strong.Probably get another 9 or 10thou easily...It also depends how and where you ride your bike...........

Got 16,000 miles out of Michelin Commander II's and loved the handling as well, whether wet or dry. Put on another set which now have 5,000 on and going strong.

It would appear the Michelins are the lead tire. Not just here but also via reviews on other websites, even some local indie shops. Thanks guys. Although my front tire is a Dunlop, it is Brand new, so I won't change it yet. But I have to swap the rear for sure. I'm down to the wear indicator lol.

As for using two different Brands of tires on your bike. I wouldn't. If you look at the TREAD Design on the tires, they will be totally different and may make your bike ride alittle weird. I know a friend of mine that is a Engineer for a company that makes tires and that he always said not to MIX brands because of Tread Design. Just my two cents worth of knowledge on this subject.

Back