free website stats program Mirrors on Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mirrors on Ultra

I had the same problem with the stock mirrors. I removed them and installed the "street glide" style mirrors that mount to the inner fairing. The don't vibrate as bad a "longer stalk" mirrors tend to do and I like the viewing area.
Anyway, it is a suggestion.

I heard a good saying about mirrors: A mirror can tell you it is NOT safe. They can never tell you it IS safe.

Funny though, I thought the UC mirrors would be easier to adjust than my SG b/c they're similar to my 05 Sportster. Had to really "fine tune" the batwing mounted ones to get good side visibility, but the Sportster had better adjustment range. Guess the extended arms would be the best option...

Ole Dawg; Before you spend any money, try TQuentins's suggestion in post #7. I loosened the nuts and rotated my mirror stems out to the tip of thier apex. It gave me a wider view, and I seldom hit the mirrors with my fingers anymore. FREE is GOOD!

I just took off the extended mirrors from my low rider (handlebar swap), they are kinda old, and a little beat up, but if you pay for shipping, which shouldn't be much you can have them, its cheaper than spending 100+ to find out you don't like something.....

(if its real cheap, I'll just ship them....)

I have the same problem. I think it got even worse with the HD pullback bars.

Smitty, I'd appreciate a pic of the extensions. thanks.

I would take my mirrors off if the wife would not yell at me, I rarely use them, I like to look and see what is around me, I don't even use them when riding I like to turn my head and see other cars, this is the first bike I have had mirrors on. Also remember, the bike is just a down payment on accessories.

I just took off the extended mirrors from my low rider (handlebar swap), they are kinda old, and a little beat up, but if you pay for shipping, which shouldn't be much you can have them, its cheaper than spending 100+ to find out you don't like something.....

(if its real cheap, I'll just ship them....)

Thank you for the offer,a very nice gesture. :s

But after seeing Smitty's pics I think I'll try the extensions.

Thanks to all of you for the great feedback. Being a newbie to both HD and the forum I'm really impressed by the generosity in sharing and civility on this forum.You all seem to be a pretty darn good bunch of folks. :)

Originally Posted by Porter:
I heard a good saying about mirrors: A mirror can tell you it is NOT safe. They can never tell you it IS safe.

That is why I hate mirrors. They tend to make you a little lazy cause they are so easy to look into instead of turning your head. But for riding so many years without mirrors I think nothing of it.

I put on a set from kuryakyn that extended out about an extra one and a half inches. Made a big difference. Didn't mind the bucks as I see much better

Back