free website stats program Mirrors on Ultra | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mirrors on Ultra

I'm definitely going for the fairing mounted mirrors as well trying to decide on the split 92085-10 or the standard 91945-98B.
Installation looks real simple, split the fairing, punch a couple holes and done.

I was looking at the Kuryakyn windshield mount mirrors too...but don't like how they look, and figure it would add another air noise. (kinda gaudy in my opinion, no offense to those that have them and like them)

I love the quotes that buying the bike is just the downpayment on accessories...and mirrors only tell you when its NOT safe..man aint those the truth!

I've got the stock mirrors, but I don't really have a problem with them. I agree with the others in that I always give a look over the shoulder before changing lanes, does 2 things, lets me check they blind spot and gives other drivers a clue that I'm going to be moving.

I did not have any luck with the short extensions which "raise" the height of the mirrors. You don't need higher mirrors you need mirrors that have longer stems. You can buy long stem mirrors out of the Harley catalogue that really do help. They look just like the OEM, only have longer stems on them. Your dealer may already have them in his inventory. Many parts guys today are not knowledgeable. You have to show them in the catalogue or give them a part number.

mirror extensions are available from jp cycles. i have this problem and the split vision did help a little. i am going to add the extentions. be sure to use blue loctite on the threads. a friend also put street glide mirrors on his ultra giving him a true 180* view. 4 mirrors. adjusted as you like.

Those are what I have. I tried the extensions, but hated the look. The 2 in 1 mirrors have a longer curve and put them out a bit further than stock. They work great and don't look bad at all.
Hello Folks,

As with some of the others, I"m a newbie to HD as well. I have 2011 ultra limited. My issue is not that the mirrors get in the way as they are small from the visbility side. I like the 2 in 1's that Fireman54 show. Does anyone know how they compare in size to the fairing mount (92085-10)? Can you see a wider field? Also with the 2 in 1, has anyone tried adding the extensions (91907-87)

Thanks for any advice.
ceatep6

My wife suggested a vanity tag for mine: Hi$
His and High dollars!

For what its worth, my mirrors are not really that effective in regards to seeing over my shoulders either. However, with a little bit of messing around with them while sitting in the garage and trying different angles, I eventually found that there was a way to adjust them and see everything behind me. Hard to explain, but if you play with the angles for a while, you can see pretty well through the stock mirrors, or at least i can anyways.
I find it ridiculous to spend so much on a bike and then start pulling things off of it and replacing with overpriced items from dealerships. If you are going to replace half the parts on the bike, why not just build an entire bike? Just my opinion though........

Back