free website stats program Mirrors on Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mirrors on Ultra

You could get a set of apes and get those bars and mirrors up over your shoulders!!:newsmile093: Let the spending begin!!:D

Thank you for the offer,a very nice gesture. :s

But after seeing Smitty's pics I think I'll try the extensions.

Thanks to all of you for the great feedback. Being a newbie to both HD and the forum I'm really impressed by the generosity in sharing and civility on this forum.You all seem to be a pretty darn good bunch of folks. :)

they are in a box in the basement, if it doesn't work out, and what comes around goes around I always say

Mirrors that work in the summertime often become unusable when cold weather rolls around because of the added girth that wearing a heavy jacket provides. I tried mirror extensions but found them to be less than desirable because they just "raise" the existing prevailing curve (as in angle) of the mirrors, they don't change the curve. What most of us are wanting is a mirror stem that is different from the factory curve, plus it is extended 1 or 2 inches further out to go past our shoulders.
What I finally found was Harley Part #91848-03B. You can google the part number to view what I am talking about. A bonus is that they still look pretty much the same as stock mirrors, only they have less of an angle and they stick out a bit further (past our shoulder). If you have a good dealer, perhaps they will let you install them before you buy them to check them out, mine did. I found the new mirrors to come out to even with the clutch lever or even with the front brake lever on the right side. That puts it far enough out so I now have a very good view of what is coming up behind me. I think the current catalog list them as about $38.00 for each side + whatever tax. These are what the bikes should come from the factory with to be safe.

I put a set of the Harley 2 in 1 mirrors on my bike.
I Love them.....

I had a buddy ride with me up to Tomahawk last year & I could see him in the left spot mirror & he was riding on my right..

First time I seen them were on a Fort Worth, TX P.D. bike & it got me thinking...

Attachments

• Harley_mirror-vi.jpg
    Harley_mirror-vi.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 57
Those are what I have. I tried the extensions, but hated the look. The 2 in 1 mirrors have a longer curve and put them out a bit further than stock. They work great and don't look bad at all.

Attachments

• HD 002.jpg
    HD 002.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 46
  • HD 009.jpg
    HD 009.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 46
I've got the mirrors that mount on the fairing. They give me a great view of what's coming. HOWEVER, I also look back and not depend fully on the mirrors.

91945-98B Fairing Mount Mirrors $59.95

Here's some pics.

Attachments

• DSCF1280B.jpg
    DSCF1280B.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF1265B.jpg
    DSCF1265B.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 50
Thank you all for your replies.:s

I don't mind spending on accessories but to have to drop $$ on a safety item from the get go just seems wrong. That there are identical factory extended mirrors and mirror extensions available tells me that they are well aware of the problem and even seems that they may have been designed that way just to sell mirrors. I wouldn't expect to have to do a mirrors fix on a bike Retailing for $23,000+ but I'm learning that HD's are designed with accessory sales in mind. Seems as every item on the bike has a HD upgrade available.:newsmile093: Hope I'm not being too cynical.:newsmile036:
But just expressing my thoughts. :)

You are learning, grasshopper! Embrace it, become one with the force.."ahh.help you I can".

I've got the mirrors that mount on the fairing. They give me a great view of what's coming. HOWEVER, I also look back and not depend fully on the mirrors.

Here's some pics.

This is exactly what I did with my FLHTC. Like them a lot better. Also got a shorty windshield from a buddy who has a Street Glide. Throw that on in the summer when it's 100* here in Florida and I'm riding in style. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's some pics.

Floridanative,

How hard were they to install? Thanks and they look good

Hey RetNavyHD,

Unfortunately I had my local shop install them. I believe if you go to Harley Davidson website and look up the part by part number 91945-98B they have installation instructions you can look at. If I remember it provides a template so you drill the holes in the proper locations. It may require separating the fairing to get to the back side.

Sorry I can't be of more help. When I had the Vance & Hines true duals installed they did the mirrors at the same time.

Floridanative,

How hard were they to install? Thanks and they look good

They are not difficult to install, come with instructions and a template. You have to take the outer fairing off and drill two holes. Little scary but take your time and it shuoldn't be a problem. You may wanna look at buy the chrome back plates for the mirrors and put them on before you install the mirrors in the fairing, makes install a lot easier.

Back