free website stats program Loud pipes saves life !. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Loud pipes saves life !.

My neighbor just got loud pipes on his Fatboy. He likes to leave early on Sunday morning rides(5:30am). My wife asked me to talk to him about waking us up every weekend. I went to talk to him about it and he gave me his "rights and freedom" BS. I started firing up my leaf blower on his side of my house about 5am on Mondays. Funny, he doesn't wake us up anymore!

You could always stuff a potato in his tail pipe and push it up a bit. The bike will never run again and it will take forever to find out what the problem is.:D

We did that to one wise guy and the potato shot out and almost killed the mail man.:dknow

If you Really want all drivers to see you, paint your bike like a Motorcycle cop's bike. People have trained themselves to see black and white and will even slow down for you.

As far as loud pipes go..... I don't know if they help, but they sure sound good.

Just got back from a 1000 mile ride on a rented 08 Road King in Utah, stock quiet pipes, and again the deer just stood by the road as we rode by, with another guy on an Ultra, they just don't clear out like the do with the "bark" of my softail and the Bubs talking...

PS: The Utah ride was great, if you haven't done it go for it, 5 national parks in 4 days, what a VIEW from the back of a HOG!!!!

I was out cruising a couple of weeks ago, when I got behind an older gentleman in a big Buick. As I eased out around him, he must have been gawking at something to his left. By the time I was at his back door, he was over half-way into my lane. With a quick twist on the throttle, I thought the man was going to run off of the road on the other side. Saved my life, but could have cost him, his.:newsmile042:

heres the final word from me i used to own a sportster with samson streetsweeper pipes owned that bike about two years and nobody ever changed lanes on top of me, not once

have owned my streetbob with its factory weenie exhaust for just over a year and it must have happened 6 times already, yes they save lives

I just don't like the sound of the stock pipes. This will change at some point. Changed out the pipes on my old bike and used to do the same as I approached a car that then began to change lanes in front of me; clutch and gun the engine. This always got their attention.

Of course, I was also prepared to hit the brakes if it didn't.

Back