free website stats program Looking at Dyna purchase | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at Dyna purchase

Dyna will be fine. It was my first bike. I never rode before it. Took the course on Saturday (first time on a bike), picked up the bike that afternoon. It was fantastic and I absolutely love the nimbleness of it.

Sorry for the cheap plug, but if you are interested, mine is for sale here on the forum. I'm in PA so that may pose a problem for you, but I guarantee you can get a better deal locally then from any dealership on a used bike.

2006 Dyna Street Bob (Black Cherry) - Harley Davidson Community

Welcome to the Forum. The Dyna models are very good machines. H D uses them as their platform for new products:s

Welcome to the forum!

I have an '07 Street Bob with an FXDWG forward control kit and it fits me perfectly at 5'10". I used it for demo rides as an MSF rider coach for 4 years and could put it anywhere I needed it to go. Extremely maneuverable and I think the brakes are pretty good though I have heard otherwise. I never had a problem stopping short if I needed to.

You can't go wrong with a dyna platform. It's full size and handles well too. Here's a wide glide with a 19" wheel replacing the 21".

FXDWG_jpg.jpg

I like the FXDS model (dyna) and owned two of them, a 1997 EVO, then a 2000 TC.

I did a lot of riding on the TC 00 bike. Many modifications, bigger engine builds/6 speed tranny gears.. Even Stock, It was a GREAT bike. I put on over 117,000 miles on that 00 bike. Now have a KING 09 and love it.

I"m glad I went the route of bigger-bikes Later in my riding Life.:D

The agility of it; riding the Dyna, will never be forgotten.:thanks

DYNA's are a Good Choice for Most riders.

signed....BUBBIE

Late 2010 when I bought my Street Bob I actually was looking for a Super Glide Custom but mine came along and being an 06, came with an incredibly low price with low miles. Just couldn't pass it up. It has turned out to be a wonderful bike and a perfect first bike. Even now when I go into dealerships and see all the new Road Kings......still can't give up my SB.

I have gone back wards so to speak, coming off riding baggers for the nimble Dyna, I ride solo now as the Redhead does not ride at this time. I love my Streetbob, but I do miss my bagger:s

Thanks guys!
Here's a picture of what should be my 2009 FXDC Dyna in a few days. I've been approved by two local Credit Unions here in the Nashua, NH area . . . The price seemed right . . I also opted for 2 years of extended warranty, added a factory alarm (I'm might install the siren myself later), and an engine guard . . .I figure I'm probably going to drop it once or twice while I'm 're-learning' to ride . . . I guess its the H-D equivalent of training wheels? LOL! :D all for about what the 'list' price is . . . The extended warranty is the H-D warranty . . . so its good everywhere there's an H-D dealership . . . The bike appears to be in absolutely immaculate shape with a lot of wear left on the tires. I found only one ding . .and thats a smalls scratch on the leather seat . . . not a deal killer for me . . .
Any thoughts? Maybe the color is not for everyone . . .but i love the two-tone custom scheme . . . .I think it looks very sharp. I have to put the links in my next post . . . I don't have enough posts yet to link to an external image! Let see if I can attach it to the post . . .

Unless something turns up in the title search or whatever . . . I should be good to go in a couple of days . . .

Mark

Here is my dyna -

Here it is is a view from the right and a view from the left

Any thoughts?

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Back