free website stats program Looking at Dyna purchase | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at Dyna purchase

Much better:D

Did you buy it yet or is it still pending?

Its still pending . . . I'm been pre-approved w/2 credit unions (at 100+% financing) and H-D finance ( they want 10% down ). I'm still thinking on the wisdom of getting an extended warranty . . . Even with it @ 20% off its still very expensive . . . right at $1200 for 2 years - yikes! I overhauled my single cylinder honda in college (450SL) . . . But maybe I'm a bit intimidated now! Haha! They also have a red custom with a standard paint job a year older, 1K less, an alarm and 5K more on the odometer. Decisions decisions . . . With this bike @ 10,400 - I feel pretty good about the price . . . the 'training wheels(engine guard :11:)', alarm and extended warranty bring it up to 12K. Which is about 4K less (I think) than a similarly equipped 2012 out the door. So still doing some meditating . . .

Thanks for the update. Just remember that the extended coverage price is a negotiable item but they don't want you to know that.:s

Tell them you would take it if but the price is too high and see how they reply. Shop the coverage at another dealer before you sign on the bottom line.

Read this...

Harley Davidson Community

Its still pending . . . I'm been pre-approved w/2 credit unions (at 100+% financing) and H-D finance ( they want 10% down ). I'm still thinking on the wisdom of getting an extended warranty . . . Even with it @ 20% off its still very expensive . . . right at $1200 for 2 years - yikes! I overhauled my single cylinder honda in college (450SL) . . . But maybe I'm a bit intimidated now! Haha! They also have a red custom with a standard paint job a year older, 1K less, an alarm and 5K more on the odometer. Decisions decisions . . . With this bike @ 10,400 - I feel pretty good about the price . . . the 'training wheels(engine guard :11:)', alarm and extended warranty bring it up to 12K. Which is about 4K less (I think) than a similarly equipped 2012 out the door. So still doing some meditating . . .

It will seem like a lot less money once you own it. :)

It will seem like a lot less money once you own it. :)

Yeah - that's what I'm afraid of! haha! I want to make sure I'm happy with the purchase . . . taking my time . . .the salesman doesn't seem to like that too much . . . he's inventing some invasion force of mutants that is sure to snap up all the Dynas in their stores! LOL . . . Can't blame him . . . salesmen want to sell!:p

Mark

My wife owned a 2002 Dyna before going to an Ultra I rode it a few times, You can't go wrong with a Dyna they are fun to ride and handle great!! As far as the warranty goes JMO but $1200.00 for two years seems like too much, I bought the 7 year warranty offered on my 2002 Roadking when new and truthfully didn,t have any issues until after the 7 year period was over and 49000 miles later. :D

Why would you want to buy a nice bike like that to ride these old crooked shadey mountain back roads in northern New England:s Tell the salesman to throw in a HD service manual (very nice to have) to sweeten the deal.

Yeah - that's what I'm afraid of! haha! I want to make sure I'm happy with the purchase . . . taking my time . . .the salesman doesn't seem to like that too much . . . he's inventing some invasion force of mutants that is sure to snap up all the Dynas in their stores! LOL . . . Can't blame him . . . salesmen want to sell!:p

Mark

Work that sales man, now is a good time to make a deal, If he is hungry enough he will deal, Good Luck:s

Work that sales man, now is a good time to make a deal, If he is hungry enough he will deal, Good Luck:s

I agree. This is the time of year they are hurting. You are the one that should be in the drivers seat. The worse they can say to any offer is no. Remember for a used bike as well, they are just trying to get some cash back into their pockets.

:)

Back