free website stats program Looking at Dyna purchase | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at Dyna purchase

Thanks - I sat on the bike - I'm 5'8" - and it just 'fit'. Tried some other of the Dyna based bikes and they just didn't 'fit'. It 'felt' right . . . so I bought it - haha! Not very scientific . . . for sure! But I guess that feel and fit are subjective . . . I might try putting some forward controls up if I do more cruising . . .
Mark

LOL, No worries on your technique on buying a bike, I used a similar technique and I loved my bike! I sat on it, didn't even start it, tried to walk away, but the bike kept talking to me. :D IMO, it was way easier to pick the first bike out than it was to pick the second bike. :s

Mark, If you go with forward controls, look for some with the "heel rest". My wifes Street Bob has forward controls and it seems like my feet are slideing down off the pegs. Someone makes a switch blade type that the heel rest folds into the pegs, might be nice.

Ok - that makes sense! Would I normally get that range buy purchasing a 3/8" and a 1/2" torque wrench? Who makes a good set? I like the krypton (sp?) tools from Lowes as well as the higher end sears stuff . . . any other good brands?

Thanks - Mark

If you're patient, Jack Klarich usually alerts the forum membership as to when the next Friends and Family Discount night will be at your local Sears store. Save some money on some quality tools. Did I get the name right, Jack?

If you're patient, Jack Klarich usually alerts the forum membership as to when the next Friends and Family Discount night will be at your local Sears store. Save some money on some quality tools. Did I get the name right, Jack?

Indeed you did sir:s

Mark, If you go with forward controls, look for some with the "heel rest". My wifes Street Bob has forward controls and it seems like my feet are slideing down off the pegs. Someone makes a switch blade type that the heel rest folds into the pegs, might be nice.
Mark, I have these on my deuce with the ISO pegs and I loved them. Pricey, but very nice, made a big difference in my comfort.

Back