free website stats program If You Had.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

If You Had....

OK - I had time to reconsider this topic on the drive home from the airport and I've got an entirely different answer. You did say money was no object, right?

First, I'd take one of those multi day courses at a track and really build up my skills and confidence at being slightly quicker and more aggressive in the turns. In other words, shed a little of my cruiser mentality for the short term.

Second, I'd hop on an airplane and spend at least a week riding in France, Spain, Italy, and Germany - particularly the Alps. After gaining about 10 pounds on all the good food and beverage, I'd hop on another airplane and head for Australia/New Zealand for some more riding and to meet some of the folks I've always wanted to hang out with for a bit.

Then, I guess I'd head for home as my month would probably be used up and anyone's bank account would definitely be empty by now. Boy, would I have some stories to tell when returning to my old life!

Krikket..Thats sounds like it would be a great trip.I would love the camping but the wife would not do anything less than a super 8.

My gal is the same way SScuba, though recently I picked up a "Teardrop" trailer, and after she fitted it with a Comfortfoam mattress, it passed muster the last time we went camping...she never lets me forget the first time I took her camping on a touring bike to Laguna Seca for Gran Prix racing back in '94 under the stars...(it was summer but breezy being on the coast):54:

Wow. Now this is something to think about. Living in Michigan I ahve been to the east coast for Lobster and down into the Carolinas for fun. Covered a lot of states, scenery, history and National parks and monuments and battlefields. So I would say I would like to go West. Go to the Canyon, do PCH, up into Washington, play in the rockies, Yellowstone, the Tetons and whereever else that I am not thinking of right now.

Krikket..Thats sounds like it would be a great trip.I would love the camping but the wife would not do anything less than a super 8.

My wife might tolerate a few days of camping, and that's about it. However, the wives weren't part of the question!!!:D:D:D

If my wife was on board, I would definitely have to spend a lot of time in little antique stores and misc knick-knack shops.....I hate shopping.....

ive got a vacation place in northern wisconsin and ride up there a couple weeks of the year. not nearly enough time. but if i could i would ride northern minnesota wisconsin and the UP over by dare.

Iowa in April. Starting in late May, early June, up to S. Dakota, N. Dakota over to Idaho. Down through Nevada, Utah, AZ, N.M., TX and back to KCMo.
Planning for around a couple month jaunt. Take time and see things. All those states are ones I've yet to ride in.

Iowa in April. Starting in late May, early June, up to S. Dakota, N. Dakota over to Idaho. Down through Nevada, Utah, AZ, N.M., TX and back to KCMo.
Planning for around a couple month jaunt. Take time and see things. All those states are ones I've yet to ride in.

You will love your trip through Glacier park in Mt. on your way to Idaho. I would suggest going from S. Dak to Wyomiong up into Mt. Not much to see in ND. I was born there. I love it, but not very scenic.
:s

You will love your trip through Glacier park in Mt. on your way to Idaho. I would suggest going from S. Dak to Wyomiong up into Mt. Not much to see in ND. I was born there. I love it, but not very scenic.
:s
Maybe a whole lot of nothing can be enticing. Just build me up for the better parts of the trip later. Thanks for the tip though.

First I will list the states where we have ridden our bikes.. wife rides her own and she is as crazy about riding as I am. NC:VA: WV: PA: DE: MD: GA: FL: AL: TN: KY:
We had a trip planned last summer but had to cancel at the last minute.. shipping out bikes out to Seattle and riding back to NC. Taking in Glacier National Park.. over to Sturgis and then back thru WY and MT taking Beartooth pass in to Yellowstone. Then on to CO and NM taking the southern route thru TX and AR and into TN.
Over the years we have been fortunate enough to see a lot of the world, all of the European continent and have seen every country. We enjoy the life styles of the Swiss and the laid back style of Italy. There are a lot of states in the middle of our country that we have never visited and hope to see them all before the age and health factors catch us. My wife and I have truly become addicted to riding and the fellowship we find with strangers we meet along the way. One thing we have learned... there are only two kind of people... those who ride and those who wish they did !!

Back