free website stats program If You Had.... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

If You Had....

Maybe a whole lot of nothing can be enticing. Just build me up for the better parts of the trip later. Thanks for the tip though.

You are right on. ND is beautiful in its own way. In western ND there are the Badlands, Theodore National Park and the Missourii river. All very beautiful. And if you never have rode there, go for it. I am starting to miss it now. LOL!

:newsmile062:I just want to go someplace that it's warm!!!!!!
All this snow and ice with no riding is killin me.:newsmile08:

:newsmile062:I just want to go someplace that it's warm!!!!!!
All this snow and ice with no riding is killin me.:newsmile08:

mE 3. Good thing the scoot is at the shop getting some work done so I do not have to look at it every day in the garage :bigsmiley30:

One of the best parts about owning a motorcycle is sitting back in a comfy chair with a frosty cold one and planning the next epic ride.

Just like that shiny blue Schwinn Sting-Ray of my youth, my shiny blue Harley Davidson motorcycle is patiently waiting outside in the garage, ready for the next great adventure.

I took a month off last summer and three weeks of that was spent with my wife and I touring on the Electra-Glide. It was the first big road trip for her and she loved it. We travelled throughout Washington State, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, California and then back home to BC by way of the coast. My wife still comments about that trip. I think the biggest impression on her was the fact that people were so friendly to us everywhere we went. As everyone here already knows, when you roll up on a motorcycle, complete strangers stop by to talk and it just adds a whole new dimension to the travelling experience.

That being said, of course any big trip now has to include my wife as I wont get out of the driveway otherwise...

For my next big road adventure, I would love to travel South East across the USA from BC toward Nashville, Tennessee which is on my list of places I must visit. (Country music fan of course....) A few weeks would then be spent just touring around the South taking in as many sights as possible. Perhaps some fine Southern BBQ here and there, maybe even a NASCAR race in South Carolina... A month should just about do it.

Of course the plan still needs some work and the route needs a little more research, or maybe not.

Sometimes the best motorcycle trip starts with nothing more than a full tank of fuel, some basic necessities packed in the bags, and the front wheel pointed in the general direction of your destination....

I have some friends in Baton Rouge. I didn't hear from them in a while and finally got ahold of them. Ron said they left their driveway and 2.5 month and 17,500 miles later they made it back home. All that on a 1974 Goldwing with 132,000 miles on it before the trip. Broke a driveshaft in Alaska and was down for 3 days waiting on parts. That my friends is what I call doing it right!

Respects..Joe

I'd head west to Colorado Springs then go into the Rockies and head North toward the Canadian Rockies.

Yeah, that's the ticket! The Canadian Rockies are ( :newsmile055:) (Glider alert) From there, up to Alaska to ride with Sarah. On the motorcycle also.:s

I'd be so tired I'd probably have to ship the bike back and take another month off to rest. But it'd be worth it.

I would ride Mexico :bigsmiley40:. Head down the Pacific coast of Mexico stop in Puerto Vallarta and Acapulco and then head east to the Quintana Roo Region. Stop in some small fishing villages, Punta Allen, Tulum and Akumal. Rent some great little hotel rooms and condos that are beachfront and very secluded and do some beach front diving a snorkeling. Then head up to the Gulf coast hit some of the Mayan ruins along the way and come back though Texas. I have done most of these things, but it would be neat to do it on a bike. This I hope will be a reality some day, this is my dream trip. I am trying to plot a course and get info from others on a safe route to take. I figure by staying close to the coast should be the safest ride. I plan on RVing to Texas and then going from there. May never happen, but a more likely scenario will be renting a bike and just heading down to the small fishing villages in the south Yucatan and just being free. This is where the best reefs and beaches are. Far away from the commercial resorts. But before any of this, gotta get the kids graduated from college and moved out, it could be a long time :newsmile038:..

Back