free website stats program If You Had.... | Harley Davidson Forums

If You Had....

09ultra

Banned
If you had one month, and no money restrictions, where would you ride? Just curious as to where we might want to go, what we want to do. Taking a month and doing it may seem impossible, but we all can do it if we want to. With all our input, we can get an idea of where this may be. Myself, the trip we took through glacier park in Montana lives forever with me. Some day I want to just go. I want input so when that day comes, I make the most of it. Lets hear it from new and experienced as well. :eam

I would tour the US,every state and every natural attraction.Probly take longer tho,some places you need days to look at.Then I'd become an illegal immigrant,and finsh my tour at my liesure!

I plan to hit most if not all the Harley Dealers in Michigan this summer. Weekend trips since I still work. Grab a T-shirt and on to the next one. Just got my new HOG atlas so I'm can planning my trips now. Out of state, I'd love to take a ride thru the smokies. Took the kids years ago in the cage and had a ball. I'd love to scale lookout point on my scoot. Also south the weather should be nice. Also a trip to the Lobster Fest in Maine in August.

I actually have that scenario. I work in Iraq for the DOD and get home every 4 or 5 months for a 30 day R&R. Last August when i was home I took my bike from northern Idaho to southern CA and then all the way up the CA, OR, amd WA coast on hiway 1 camping on the ocean the whole way. Just taking my time and seeing the sites was a great trip. Was really cool coming up the avenue of the giants in the Redwoods. by the time i got home was just short of 5k miles

Firstly...thanks for asking. I have ridden my Harley's in the following States. PA, MD, KY, TN, NC, MI, IL, OH, and obviously Indiana since that is where I live. So with all of that being said, I would have to say..."Go West Young Man....." or better put...."There's gold in them thar hills...." I have seen parts of the west, but not touring on a cycle.

I have been to Sturgis but not during Bike week. I happen to be at the Black Hills Classic Corvette thingy in Spearfish and just buzzed through Sturgis. Hence I would go to Sturgis :riderBike :riderweek. I would like to do that at least once. Then I would head out up into the northwest down into CA (which I have been there four times but have not seen everything I want to see)..Then head on back up through AZ, NV, and TX, catch a few relatives at home, and then meander on back to Indiana, arriving broke, hungry, and tired. :)

Sitting here and looking out a a snow covered Indiana landscape....it's always nice to dream about cycle touring our beautiful lands that God has created.:worthy

Randall you are so right about sitting here looking out at all that snow.My daughter just told me that if she did'nt know better she would move my bike in the garage so I could'nt see it. I can not pass by the door without looking at my baby just sitting there. Can't tell you how many times I have been out there applying the pledge as medical reasons have me home bound.Arizonia,colorado,are destinations this summer along with a trip through the beautiful northwoods of Wi.and the U.P.

One month would not be enough to go everywhere I want to go, but to stay within those parameters, I'd want to head west to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and eventually end up in Washington State, then head south through a lot of Cali, then try and hit Route 66 all the way back to Illinois. Camp the whole way. I love nature, and I love history. If I had more time, I would be able to stop and enjoy more along the way!!

Krikket..Thats sounds like it would be a great trip.I would love the camping but the wife would not do anything less than a super 8.

Well, it won't be a month, but come September, the wife and I are riding from the L.A. area to Yellowstone. This past Fall we rode to Zion Nt. Park, which was just beautiful. We have our reservations for Yellowstone and plan on taking at least 10 days for the trip. Kinda depends on what we can do with the animals at home.

BTW, we'll be going on an 03 Road Glide.

Back