free website stats program I Remember when you could get, | Harley Davidson Forums

I Remember when you could get,

When I first started driving gas was 38 cents a Canadian Gal.
U.S. gal is 3.8 Litres
Canadian is 4.5 Litres

I remember getting a pack of smokes, (Marlboro ) for 27 cents......wow...where has the time gone!>

I remember when you could buy a Coke for 10 cents and get 2 cents back for the empty bottle.

Marvel Comic books 12c, Jack Kirby and John Romita were my favorite artists; Bubble Gum was 1c, Tootsie Pops were 2c...how cool was that! Since my parents owned a small restaurant...45 RPM records were constantly refreshed in the Seeburg 100 juke box...after hours could set it up for free play so did not have to buy music for a long time, and when servicer was changing them out he would pass some of them on too me. But I did have a Montgomery Wards record player and a 3M Reel to Reel tape player. Our 3rd family car did have an 8 Track tape player...our first color TV was a 21" Round Tube Zenith with Four Button remote control (4 sound bars in transmitter).

Oh yeah...gas stations were FULL SERVICE ONLY...and actually had promotions...we got Blue Chip stamps and my parents bought several appliances, pots & pans and other good stuff. And Coke also had those great promotions, remember getting a lot of Giants memorabilia caps, pennants and other sports stuff. :p

Last edited:
I remember my parents getting gas @.09 cents a gal during the gas wars in Detroit , I started working in a gas station when I was in High School and gas was .22 cents a gal , I also had my drivers license & was riding a MC @ this time . Also there were NO self serve gas stations anywhere in the USA at this time .

Back